Ideal Striker?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I know many will say that their ideal striker is someone who can score 15-20 goals per season. These players don't grow on trees and often they have to be developed, nurtured and often patience is required.

For me the idea striker is one that can partner multiple players.

I'd settle for a player who can score 8-10 but can also assist and create play. The traditional striker is somewhat a thing of the past and we will be unlikely to find a striker who's got pace and can bang goals in for fun. If we did manage to find this player, it wouldn't be long before they left us in my opinion.

Realistically which players out their are your ideal signing as a striker?

I'm not sure if I can name someone, ideally myself I'd prefer them to be within the age range of 20-24 years of age. I'm not sure Notts could sign a lad called "Rory Turner" but in my ideal world we could. I'll have a think of others!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Someone who can take the ball down and play others in would be my preference. As already mentioned, we can't just sign 15-20 goals a season strikers unless they play Sunday league, so maybe Colby Bishop can step up in that sense (eventually). Booting it up to a small striker won't work, we've seen that already. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

To bring other into the game like Jimmy Spencer did I would say Tom Pope, knows what league 1 is all about and would be the perfect foil for Ronan Murray / Gary Thompson

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I still think Tom Pope is worth a look.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i have no idea but the players rumoured dont impress me, not even matt green. he proved himself in non league and rushed to the championship, got injured. he hasnt really played much.

a striker who's tall and quick would be good but not many about.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

A striker like Jimmy would be good.

Yet two of a kind is very rare but Notts will have to find a striker with a quality within their skill set to be different than what we have already. I would not know who to suggest, plenty we should avoid though.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

We took a chance on a player from Poole Town. There were several add ons based on games played, promotions and such. One was a fee if he played for England: this was generally ridiculed. What price an international call up now for Charlie Austin.

He is a natural scorer whose first touch is in his mind which gives him an edge. Not only that he is a team player and it was his presence that earned Billy Paynter a lucrative move to Leeds United.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@medievalmickey Do you have any spares? Fancy a trade? hehe...

I don't know why we couldn't work more with Tyrell Waite, he did well in the pre-season and acceptable performances came last year when he played. Mind I have been told Notts are scouting the lower leagues, not sure how much truth there is in that.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Lower leagues you say??? 'seppe sole might be one to look at... although he is probably scoring way too many for us, but he has had a cruciate injury, so fits the Notts profile!

Archived