Doncaster Rovers (A) Aftermath

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,138
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Here's a view of what the general census of the Crewe Alexandra fans think.

Before the Game

Dickos1; Said "Win on Tuesday night and were more than likely in the playoffs, not a bad place to be halfway through the season. With all the chaos we had in the summer. Dickov is doing a smashing job"

Dutch Uncle; Said "Although my head says draw at best I have a sneaky feeling that County's and Rovers' fortunes are changing - I am going for a lucky win!"

Bristol Red Rover; Said "win - sorry late, but was what I'd say"

Derby Viking; Said "No Wellens even on the bench. On his way out?"

uros predic; Said "Jesus, normally people's first thought would be injury!"

BillyStubbsTears; Said "Looks like we've already sold Razak as well. Bloody sh*te Bramhall!"

Copps is Magic; Said "No Husband? Don't tell me we sold him!"

Aftermath

glosttred; Said "Well he's sent two off tonight, does a manager count in those stats?"

Filo; Said "Shocking officials! He let Carrol set the tone early when he whinged about the ball, let Notts County get away with everything, missed a stonewall penalty for handball, and did n't have a clue what he was doing when he sent their player off. Gave 1 minute of added time in the first half when about 3 would have been about right, and the 5 minutes of added time in the second half when it should have been nearer 8"

Dagenham Rover; Said "Absolute rubbish."

watto-drfc; Said "Was that a foul on tyson on the stroke of half time?"

Filo; Said "Also a blatant Handball by Dumbaya late in the second half."

Dagenham Rover; Relied again "100% to me but the ref wanted his Bovril and couldn't be arsed to stay out in the cold, he set out the colours he was wearing very early on"

Filo; Took to insulting Shaun Derry "First class t**t! Along with Roy Carrol and Alan Smith!"

Donnywolf; Said "When the bloke was going off he shook hands with the Ref, showed his appreciation of the away fans 3 times and deffo deserved Booking. Derry must encourage them to behave like that or he would stop it at source."

Scooter; Said "It's always annoying when a goalkeeper does that but can I draw your attention to Sullivan at Brentford? Who complained then?"

Lesonthewest; Said "We should have been in Smith's face more, he's easy to wind up but we just let him break up our play too easily."

I haven't just chosen these.

I'm afraid they don't really discuss 'football' but rather the above type of things, such as Shaun Derry being ...... and of course predictions and pointless comments about the referee.

Which comments stand out to you and why? What are your thoughts?

It seems they believe they should have won by being awarded penalties, no mention of how we played. No discussing how they almost scored and we prevented them by defending, just rather pointless topics about our manager, supposedly clear 'penalties' and so on.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,520
  • Days Won:  9

I liked that Scooters comment, at least he reminds them that all do it.

No mention of our shirt @notts-joe?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

To a degree, I agree with them. The referee seemed terrible, but then I only have poor commentary to go off.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Playing devil's advocate I think they have a point about time wasting tactics, Carroll is terrible for it and has been booked on several occasions, I wasn't there so didn't see it first hand but I can imagine if a team had come to Meadow Lane and played time wasting tactics from an early stage we would be complaining just as much.

Don't get me wrong I am more than happy with the draw but I wish for once we could go out and at least look as if we are there to win the game instead of defending for ninety minutes and hoping to nick a goal or at least a draw.

Sorry, I'm feeling grumpy this morning.

I liked that Scooters comment, at least he reminds them that all do it.

No mention of our shirt @notts-joe?

No mentioning of our shirt at all, they seemed more focused on our players and manager.

To a degree, I agree with them. The referee seemed terrible, but then I only have poor commentary to go off.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with some of the comments but I do think they're focusing on the wrong subjects. The Derry sending off, their manager will have been their plenty of times and I also think it's a disgrace they took to shouting abuse/throwing things at him.

Playing devil's advocate I think they have a point about time wasting tactics, Carroll is terrible for it and has been booked on several occasions, I wasn't there so didn't see it first hand but I can imagine if a team had come to Meadow Lane and played time wasting tactics from an early stage we would be complaining just as much.

Don't get me wrong I am more than happy with the draw but I wish for once we could go out and at least look as if we are there to win the game instead of defending for ninety minutes and hoping to nick a goal or at least a draw.

Sorry, I'm feeling grumpy this morning.

Majority of keepers in this league are bad, yes Carroll does time waste. I think all fans will say that but he does it in a way whereby usually you can get a way with it. It's like taking 10 minutes to take a goal kick, or pretending to tie his boots.

I could name 8 keepers worse than our Roy.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I also think it's a disgrace they took to shouting abuse/throwing things at him.

Do we have any proof they were throwing things at him? Shouting abuse is one thing, we all do that (to a degree), even I've been known to boo and bang on the tunnel but throwing things is not acceptable and if that happened I would think it would have been reported to the authorities.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

SD needs to control his temper, otherwise he will be watching a lot more games from the stand. Notts's approach last night seemed to be cynical which I don't agree with, but that's the reality of football these days. Thomas deserved that 2nd booking if what the Donny fans are saying is true, but the referee should have handled it better.

• Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

nothing really stands out to me, it would be nice to see what they thought about how we played rather than the comments about sd or the referee. we can all agree that he was poor.

Do we have any proof they were throwing things at him? Shouting abuse is one thing, we all do that (to a degree), even I've been known to boo and bang on the tunnel but throwing things is not acceptable and if that happened I would think it would have been reported to the authorities.

As I mentioned in your topic about their manager, who's name I don't like mentioning (angry Scot).

Their fans have commented about it being amusing seeing SD move to avoid being hit, plus encouraging it. Also noticed two clowns on FB admitting to having thrown coins at him. It's not proof but it concerning, I will be looking at the highlights.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Considering what happened their views are not all that bad really.

I agree on the points of the referee.

Archived