Nicky Clark to Notts?!? [Rumour]

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • đť•Ź:  twitter fmcj10

10441256_10153755327245961_7911213276067

Scott Burns of The Daily Express is reporting that Rangers forward Nicky Clark may be the next player to leave the club.

Supposedly, Notts County have made inquiries to secure Clark on a loan deal for the rest of the season. The English League One side is currently scrapping for a play-off spot.

After a strong start to the season, Clark has been brushed aside for the likes of Kenny Miller & Jon Daly.  Ironically enough, besides Nicky Law, no other Rangers player has scored more league goals this season.  Of course, the tally is only four – but Miller has the same amount of goals in roughly 400 more minutes, while Kris Boyd has a putrid total of two goals in 1200+ minutes. You could also argue that even though Boyd wasn’t scoring, his play was much more effective when he played alongside Clark & has been quite poor while playing with Miller.

Regardless, Clark has fallen out of favor with Rangers management & has only made two starts in the past 13 matches.  The 23-year old may be faced with a scenario in which he just may have to leave to see regular first team play.

Another curious tidbit from Burns’ report was that Hibs actually put in a bid to sign Clark last week but were turned down by Rangers.  Good thing too because his quickness & work rate would fit right into Alan Stubb’s vision for the team

Link to Story - Here

It seems from reading the comments Rangers want to keep him but I wonder if we really need another striker? It seems that we are being liked with many decent players within this window but I do feel we are bordering our limit with the amount of loan players we bring in.

No doubt I'd take him, thought it mean Thomas goes back to Derby? I can't see us playing all these strikers, even if we don't sign Clark.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

One of their best players, if we are in for him I see other clubs at this level and the one above also being interested.

I would not hold out for him, yet he would offer us something. That is if Rangers even allow him to go out on loan, I dont see why they would personally when they would require him.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

is he any good? i really dont know much about him tbh.

@liampie He's a decent player, he could probably cut it in the Scottish Premiership but he's currently playing second fiddle, so there is a chance he could be sent out. I could see lower/mid Championship sides finding himself to have around.

Steady performer, really. I think Rangers are lucky to have him considering.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Quality player, it would be nice to see him wearing a Notts shirt.

Sign him Derry!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • đť•Ź:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It's good to see us forging links with local sides. :rolleyes:

@tonyhateley - I heard your best Scottish accent then. I wonder what @jimmy magpie thinks of this.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Yeah, why not?

If it dont work out send him back, same can be said for any of the loan players. Find the ones who fit our system to allow us to continue doing well, just wary on over doing our options upfront.

>https://twitter.com/cbaws23/status/557949029460738048

He might fit our budget, 2/3k rumoured to be on. Yet wouldn't they offload their biggest earners?

Archived