Can't win against better teams

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

There seems to be an attitude surrounding Notts that we can't win, or even draw, against the better sides in this division. This all stems from Shaun Derry's comments pre and post games.

What is more worrying, is not only we can't get points from better teams, we can't even give them a game.

Based on this attitude, Notts following fixtures will go as follows;

Notts County v Bradford Sat 14 Mar 15:00 LOSS

Notts County v Rochdale Tue 17 Mar 19:45 LOSS

MK Dons v Notts County Sat 21 Mar 15:00 LOSS

Notts County v Scunthorpe Sat 28 Mar 15:00 DRAW

Walsall v Notts County Fri 3 Apr 15:00 DRAW

Notts County v Coventry Mon 6 Apr 15:00 WIN

Yeovil v Notts County Sat 11 Apr 15:00 WIN

Notts County v Barnsley Tue 14 Apr 19:45 LOSS

Crawley v Notts County Sat 18 Apr 15:00 WIN

Notts County v Preston Tue 21 Apr 19:45 LOSS

Notts County v Doncaster Sat 25 Apr 15:00 LOSS

Gillingham v Notts County Sun 3 May 12:15 LOSS

This would end us on 52 points. Is that enough? That's assuming we beat those below us, because we sure as hell don't even bother giving them above us a game. Too busy fighting the ref. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

The reality of the season / squad is that we have, in the most a mid table league 2 squad. It says a lot when your best & most capable defender at the club is your fitness coach, I like Mike Edwards and he is a very good defender but even he must go back to his wife and think "boy oh boy our defenders are shocking"

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

That is how you can tell we are not promotion candidates, we did well enough early on but we dont have that quality. All the talk about us having a small budget is just a way to underline our poor performances.

We are Notts County, we will survive.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

On statto.com there are tables showing our record against the top half and bottom half. The difference is striking - one win from 20 against the top half, against the bottom half more points per game than anyone else, even Bristol City.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

would we not be much higher if we had beaten them? plus it would show we are a promotion side, rather than whatever our form is.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

How do we work out which teams are and aren't better? do we just go based on the results which didn't favour us? I personally think it's not a problem, I mean we draw to Preston at the start of the season and the majority of fans felt we would get off to a loss. Sometimes draws can be a blessing, so for me right now I don't expect us to beat the bigger teams (top I should say).

The season we start winning them is the year we stand a solid chance of gaining promotion.

For me we need to be beating the average to poor sides that is where we will survive relegation in any league, so that would be my focus. None the less very interesting to see the stats.

Archived