Milan Mandaric...

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Said this earlier, but superstition rules here. I've Just read the article on him saying he wants another club.

Anybody got any ideas how we can get hold of him?

@notts-joe we need you to tweet him to try and get the ball rolling.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheffield-wednesday-mandaric-won-t-rule-out-buying-another-club-1-7160318

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

He'd ruin County

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

No thank you.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You know when he was being trialled for his avoidance problem, I actually paid a lot of attention to the story but I just realized clearly it wasn't enough because I do not know what happened with it! I always felt he was made to be a victim, rather than actually being as bad as some people who still manage to get a way with similar things.

He did okay for Leicester, if it wasn't for him they would not have had the wealthy investor taking over who pumped the silly money into the club.

That said, I would hope someone more suitable would take over the reigns when the Trews decided to part.

Certainly someone we could all TRUST.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

oh no, you put the word trust in capitals... is that some sort of code?

I'm not saying he is the answer, but someone like that who can find a bigger buyer is surely a viable option. Like @notts-joe said both Leicester and Wednesday were scooped up and then sold on to bigger interested parties. I think that is a route we should be taking as regardless of the current farce of a season, I still believe we have a marketable investment for a foreigner coming into the English game for the first time.

Like I said, Notts as the oldest league club in the world, Robin Hood, good stadium, solid history and thanks to Ray, a close to break even yearly accounts should sell well if we could find the investor.

If not a character like Manaric, then pay good money to get the sale idea out there in Asia or the Middle East.

Anything is better than Jon-Armstrong Holmes riding in on a camel wearing another of those jumpers!!!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I'm not saying he is the answer, but someone like that who can find a bigger buyer is surely a viable option. Like @notts-joe said both Leicester and Wednesday were scooped up and then sold on to bigger interested parties. I think that is a route we should be taking as regardless of the current farce of a season, I still believe we have a marketable investment for a foreigner coming into the English game for the first time.

Like I said, Notts as the oldest league club in the world, Robin Hood, good stadium, solid history and thanks to Ray, a close to break even yearly accounts should sell well if we could find the investor.

If not a character like Manaric, then pay good money to get the sale idea out there in Asia or the Middle East.

Anything is better than Jon-Armstrong Holmes riding in on a camel wearing another of those jumpers!!!

I know my glass has been half-empty since Tuesady night, but I don't agree that we're an attractive investment. We're a small, unprofitable football club light years away from where the real money is. There is no prospect of selling the ground, building a new one and using the remaining money to fund a push up through the leagues (as some clubs have done), thanks to our near neighbours we have a small fanbase and virtually zero prospect of sustainable improvement - to be sustainable in the Championship you need 15,000 through the gate. Unless Florist go belly-up, it won't happen. And the history and Robin Hood counts for nothing, unless Mr Hood can play as centre half. Our next opponents have a short, utterly shameful "history" and they never want for cash.

If I were an investor I would look for a club that can really grow and get the whole town/city behind them. Just look at Reading now - 20 years ago they were lower 3rd division fodder! That's what you want. For that reason, I'd stay well away from two-club cities.

Our only hope is that the Trews get it right on and off the pitch. Either that or we find someone with a gigantic ego to feed and more money than sense!

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Spot on... I agree with Herr Wurst

Maybe the part of me that still longs for the munto days, or the promise of it, gets a little teary eyed at the thought of having cash for a change!!!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Someone with money and business brain would not mind a gamble on us, after all that is what ray did. The problem I find is I would rather us be a real team, building upon a restrained budget than one which cripples the fans. We don't have 8,000 anymore, at least not what I would call a supporter.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i hope the trews reach the championship with us, after all thats been invested they deserve that much.

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

If you reach the championship then you are only half a lucky season away from the holy grail. You don't have to win the title 6th place and a play-off win is enough. Crystal Palace can vouch for that

Archived