Is chatting via messengers dead?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I hate Skype, it sums all the things wrong with taking online today. I miss the freedom in which MSN Messenger had. Yahoo Messenger for me is just as bad as Skype.

Is chatting via messengers dead?

I just use Facebook to chat these days, its the only thing I am prepares to use. What about you?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I am with you on Skype, I think messengers have served their purpose and the time as come for better innervations to make there way forward. Facebook provides a place for people to communicate, as much as I dislike social media it really is the place. Sites like this also serve a purpose for communities within a scope to keep in regular communication with the subjects they cover and that makes messengers somewhat obsolete.

Then you have things like Whatsitapp, hangouts and snapchat.

Messengers are dead and buried because they have not moved with the times.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm still old fashioned enough to use texting but fave also used Facebook messenger.

Our son uses google hangout which he thinks is really good but I'd still rather text.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

I never used them anyway, in 2015 they are not a relevant.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

in my early teens msn messenger had lost its appeal, majority had switched to yahoo who i knew.

its the reason why i have a yahoo e-mail account but i dont see the old messengers coming back. its now about video/voice calling and of course texting for free, which i think is pretty lame really.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's just changed into something completely different and whereas, messengers were good for keeping in contact with friends. It's been replaced by social media and from that the whole internet calling is the way it has moved forward.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

I must be old fashioned, as I mainly send standard texts to communicate with people I know.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

As a 27-year-old my teenage years were spent on MSN Messenger. What a legendary piece of software that was. I remember logging in on a Sunday evening and it was like a chatroom, everybody was on there, and you could just natter for ages with loads of different people. Facebook Chat killed it off and it's just not the same. FBC is like a necessity rather than chatting for the fun of it. Same with Watsapp.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

@Joe Jones I am suprised by just how easily it has been killed off. Yahoo go on about being the "true" and only messenger but its awful. It's like if PON suddenly disappeared we would be left MAD literally. Two awful things which can't be left in the past.

Bring back MSN I say!

Archived