Jeremy Corbyn in Nottingham

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

You just know that if it was Corbyn who'd put his sausage inside a swine, the media would have had a "GET RID OF CORBYN, HE IS A MENACE, HE IS UNFIT FOR PURPOSE, FIRST THE PIGS, THEN YOUR KIDS!" or something. A full blown campaign. But because it's the wrong guy, the media has kept it as hush-hush as they could. Thank goodness for the libertarian and liberating environment that is social media, eh?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Indeed @[member="Joe Jones"]. The media campaign against JC is highly predictable - they want people to write him off before they even get the chance to hear what he's saying.

I also notice with interest how often the Tories are using the word "extreme" in connection with Corbyn. It's deliberate. They want people to label Corbyn before they've even thought about his arguments. It reminds me of their tactics prior to the 1997 election - everything to do with the opposition was labelled dangerous in the hope that voters would get the heeby jeebies and give John Major's government another term. Labour's plans were dangerous, Tony Blair was dangerous, and they even went into the election with the slogan "New Labour - New Danger". Of course it didn't do them much good, but this time there's a host of mardy Labour MPs (COUGH John Mann COUGH) who can't wait to join in and launch a coup against a democratically elected leader.

As for the national anthem nonsense that broke while I was sunning myself on holiday, what a load of pointless rubbish. If JC doesn't sing he's a traitor, if he does he's a hypocrite. Who actually cares? He should ignore the hacks on Fleet Street and keep his mouth closed. At least he'll win respect that way for not giving in to pressure.

Really looking forward to the Labour Party conference, and that's not something I've ever written before. Interesting times.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Quite handy then when the Pig-gate scandal broke. It's like "Jeremy Corbyn didn't sing the national anthem? Well at least he didn't put his c**k inside a severed pig head!"

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

For the first time since the 80s, it felt like the Labour Party again when they sang Reg Flag at the end of the Conference in Brighton. You might not like their politics, but you got to admire their principles. 

Archived