The lottery

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Just hearing on the news that from today more balls have been added to the lottery, your chances of winning the old lottery were 14 million to 1 and now they are 45 million to 1!!

I did the lottery once or twice when it first started and quickly realised it was never going to be me. At the time my colleagues where I worked had a syndicate, I was the only one who refused to join, they dreamt of winning and leaving me to do all the work in the office, of course it never happened and I counted up how much I had saved over the years and had great delight in telling them.

Anyone here do the lottery? Will you continue with the new rules now?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Used to when it was £1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

We only used to do it on the odd saturday years ago, but we haven't done it at all since. When they increased the price, i thought it would put off the people that always did it, but i think this is an even worse change.. If your even less likely to win, are many really going to carry on with it. I wouldn't personally.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I used to play occasionally, never won a penny. I've been known to have a flutter in Germany too when there's a rollover and something like €20 million is up for grabs, but €1 million is just not worth my while.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I hate how they keep changing the lottery, in my opinion they're ruining it - supposedly it's to encourage players but for me, I don't know anyone who still plays it. I seriously hope @[member="GrannyPie"] and @[member="super_ram"] have stopped.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I honestly think it is a tax on people who can least afford it.

How often do you see people who are obviously not very well off buying a scratch card and frantically rubbing it to see if they have won only to have their hopes dashed. It's money they can ill afford but they are desparate to change their lives.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Nah. I keep my betting to football accumulators. That way I feel I'm a bit more in control of if I win or not, and over the years I've won 3 out of, I dunno, 50... which is pretty good odds really.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Anyone i know who does it or used to do it has only ever won £10 at the most on the lottery.. taking off the amount they've put into it, its well in the minus's and not worth it in my opinion.. But its gambling at the end of the day.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont really gamble, the lottery seems pointless to me. i know someone will say i would not say it if i had won but chances of winning are being made harder. its just a tool to get peoples money and spend it doing charity work.

i would rather donate directly and even then i stand more chance of winning something.

Archived