Notts County V Coventry City

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Here's hoping we can end on a high with a third straight win tommorow. Coventry's season was snatched from them and they've been in poor form ever since, pretty confident. If we play like we did last weekend there's no reason why we can't win.

Hope you all have a good day, make the most of it it's the last game for a few months. Where's the season gone eh? Dosen't seem like a few weeks ago we were at Crewe on the opening day.

I'll be off to Arlesey Town for Weymouth's final game of the season. We've got nothing but pride to play for but Arlesey could make the play-offs with a win. It's set up to be a pretty exciting final day in the Southern League with 4 teams fighting for 2 play-off spots.

If Gosport Borough better Barwell's result they'll ****** 5th spot, but if Barwell win they're in. But if both Gosport and Barwell lose and Arlesey beat us, Arlesey will ****** the final play-off spot.

Hemel Hempstead Town are 4th, and a draw will be enough for them to secure a play-off spot. However if they lose two of Barwell, Gospot & Arlesey could make the play-offs. Exciting stuff!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,002
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Thanks James! I went to the Youth Team game and physio, very little time here but I appreciate this.

I think it would be very nice to end the season on a 'high', we don't have to win tomorrow but I hope the lads don't duck out of giving. I think they should take note from the youth team who battled, very proud of them and I am of Notts in general. Coventry are a strange side, they're more than capable of beating us but it depends which team they bring.

I'm pretty confident that we can win 2-0.

Will be a very sad dad, It's almost like I've only started living Notts within the second half of the season. Can't wait for my full season at the Lane and meeting up with other pies I've met during my travels etc. Especially WeymouthPie :)

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Thought we played quite well in the first half after a slow start! Well done Tyrell for getting his first goal. Very disappointed to see him substituted for Boucard. Apart from Pearce's goal it all went downhill. Why on earth did they invite the opposition to come at them in that awful period in the latter stages of the game. We were always going to concede and the crowd became very frustrated with our play. Have we learnt nothing in the last two games?! We play so much better with Boucard out of the team and two up front. Labardie is showing great promise and I would keep him next season. It will be interesting to see how many of the team today is with us next season.

The game was lively, a good battle. I think if we got tighter, well it might have been different but the lads gave a good account of themselves. I sat with a fellow PoN @jurgenpie and wondered how next season might be like, especially as we as a community continue to grow. I very much wanted to game to settle, I think for about 22 minutes it was up and down. Nothing really stuck out to me but I did feel Coventry was the more creative side early on, just goes to show what happens when you dig and take a chance.

We should have prevented at least their first goal, possible the second also. Bart had an amazing game, he did very well. He gave 3 pairs of gloves away and I help two young fans to obtain a pair he would have given to me.

The rain didn't spoil the match, enjoyed it. I'm going to focus on this place as I very much hope we can continue to reach milestones and create somewhere we all enjoy.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

It sounds like a fair result.It's a shame you didn't finish with a win though but thing aren't too bad with performances being better over the last few matches.

The draw is hardly a bad thing.

Coventry have been fairly poor, at least in my opinion. They've got a decent squad and it shows our strengths and weaknesses, the lads should take credit for ending on an high. We could have ended on a low but they've taken to putting in some good performances, certainly glad that we didn't lose but that would not have ruined things.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Two teams stranded in mid-table who's seasons ended a while ago, I suppose a draw was always the likely outcome. Not a bad result by any means, I'm really happy to see and hear how well the young players seem to have been doing lately, hopefully they'll get their chance next season. Going to be plenty of comings and goings over the Summer I think so it'll be interesting to say the least. Already looking forward to the 2013-14 season. The futures bright, the futures Black & White!

As for Weymouth? Well if anybody's interested we ended with a 3-0 defeat yesterday, although Arlesey missed out on the play-offs on GD thanks to Gosport's win. Full table is here - http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/league-tables/premier.asp?section=league-tables

A 9th place finish in our first full season under the new regime is a fantastic achievement, first time since 2007 we havent been in a relegation scrap! Whilst it's dissapointing we missed out on the play-offs having been right in the mix just a month ago, great strides forward have been maken this season and we have a good foundation to build on for next season. A couple of additions here and there and there's no reason why we cant push for the play-offs next season but I'm sure you can understand that funding is very tight at this level.

Been an enjoyable season on both front for me personally, have enjoyed every Notts game I have attended, the highlight deffinatly being the road trip to Crewe Alexandra with all the other 'Dorset Pies' on the opening day. What a day! Have met some good people this season though, especially nice to meet up with Notts-Joe and his son at Swindon :)

Already looking forward to next season now, going to be a long summer!

Nice post Weymouth. A creditable finish for your other side by all accounts.Please let us all know of any close season developments. It's always nice to hear what's happening throughout the leagues, whatever team it is.

I know members will keep us informed on Notts gossip on this site as I will regarding The Rams and hopefully other team supporters will do the same.

Enjoy your summer(whenever that is ?). The new season will be here before you know it.

And keep posting!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Great game, even if the ref was biased at times. It was an enjoyable one to watch and a draw is better than a loss.

My first time sat in the Kop as i normally sit in Pavis when i go, but i did enjoy the Kop more, i thought the drums would be too noisy but it was ok.

Its a shame to lose great players before the next season starts though.

Glad you all enjoyed the match.

It's a pity that the standard of refereeing seems to be so inconsistant. This is something I have noticed when watching games on tv as a neutral, so I don't think I'm being biased.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  1

im gutted in the draw...but its better than a loss. from what i have heard and read, we played well. but as per not all decisions went our way. a sad thing that i am used to seeing at meadow lane.<br /><br />all in all though i feel the boys and chris should be proud of the way the ended the season

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm still bitterly disappointed I missed the last game I would have liked to see Judge for the last time in a Notts shirt.

I did have a good weekend though with a great crowd of people including an Yeovil fan excited about the coming play offs.

Roll on next season.

Keep posting folks, still plenty to talk about in the close season.

Tel us more about your weekend please Tony. What was the weather like and the beer? :thumbsup:

Supporter+

Tel us more about your weekend please Tony. What was the weather like and the beer? :thumbsup:

Well it's a bit off topic but if you insist on me boring you with my weekend........ :lol:

We had a really good turnout, the weather was blustery and cold at times but dry mostly so consequently we managed a lovely mass BBQ on Saturday night, with lots of good food, beer and wine flowing. The campsite was right on the river with a short walk into Stourbridge with a few real ale pubs to choose from.

Here's a picture of us all.

post-69-0-75621800-1367243619_thumb.jpg

And if that wasn't boring enough here is a video

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRaiLzjCQc&feature=share&list=PL6A3AA9C725D47ADE

Thanks Tony, I enjoyed that and the weather didn't look too bad at all. I bet it's fantastic when you have proper summer weather.

It looks like your get-togethers are like the ones my uncle and aunt used to go to, at least from the photos they used to show me.

Supporter+

Yes, it's great fun, especially when the weather is good, I can thoroughly recommend it. We are off to Spain in our van soon we are really looking forward to that.

• Content Count:  12,917
  • Days Won:  162

nice tony.

i was dissapointed in truth we became to weak when they scored, both times. i am proud and sad to see the last game.

hope to go with pon next year to games.

coventry fans was great.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

you guys have ended the season quite well, I wouldn't worry about drawing. focus on your upcoming season and help build this place! I hope to be more involved :)

Cheers Will, always nice to see you and friendlyshrew! Focus is now firmly on next season :D

Yes, Joe, It is nice to hear from Will and Friendly and all the other opposition fans too. Please keep us up to date with signings etc and give us your thoughts on how the close season is progressing.

It would also be nice to hear what everyone is up to , with no actual matches to keep us occupied.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Great photo and video Tony. A massive get together. Like Super ram said, it would be even better in the lovely hot weather.

I'm sure you will plan even more carefully next season so you don't miss the matches again. We will always miss 2 home matches when we go on holiday but hopefully they will be the only ones.

I enjoyed the match alot and strangely the pitch seems shorter from the Kop end compared to the family stand, I don't know if its just me though. I have only been in the family stand a few times though.

Archived