Mansfield want to keep Adams

Turkey_Twizzler

or maybe Adam Murray is talking rubbish did Adams ever come out an say I wanna stay ? No  Murray will say anything in my opinion and I can't stand him.

And if Adams wanted to go so bad as Murray claims repeat CLAIMS I'm sure he would of made it clear but to come back and say he is keen on staying at meadow lane someone's lying.

Again I don't belive he wanted to leave like Murray states 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 1862 said:

or maybe Adam Murray is talking rubbish did Adams ever come out an say I wanna stay ? No  Murray will say anything in my opinion and I can't stand him.

And if Adams wanted to go so bad as Murray claims repeat CLAIMS I'm sure he would of made it clear but to come back and say he is keen on staying at meadow lane someone's lying.

Again I don't belive he wanted to leave like Murray states 

I could see Adams wanting to leave when Moniz was in charge, in fact I can think of a few players that might have felt the same and I also doubt the truth behind Murray's comments, they all seem a bit desperate to me, as though he is trying to say the right things that Mansfield fans want to here.

I bet all Adams has said is that he wants to play football, so he is back at Notts to show what he can do.

We just signed a left back on loan from Fulham for the rest of the season and he was woeful, he was at fault for both the goals and couldn't defend for his life. It was his first game so can't judge him on one performance, wanna trade him for Adams lol.

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

@markstag Give us 100k, you can have Adams and we will throw in Jenner and Sprockel too. Seems a good deal :D

Remove Jenner, we'll lose any potential deal.

Also, we can dress Sprockel up and pretend he's a striker, he'll pass for ne more than a defender. ;)

28 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

Remove Jenner, we'll lose any potential deal.

Also, we can dress Sprockel up and pretend he's a striker, he'll pass for ne more than a defender. ;)

More useful to dress him up and use him as a corner flag, he would be more mobile in that position as well!

18 minutes ago, markstag said:

Can't understand why you played him in midfield, what's the thinking their 😜

We have a tendency of thinking players who don't quite fit somewhere - can play in a position which they haven't featured in before or for awhile.

Under Shaun Derry many of us believed he would make a good LM, as fans we can afford to be wrong with our opinions because we don't see them week in or out during training. JF probably felt the gamble would have paid off, yet if we have a crisis with wingers - I'd much rather see youth team players given a chance.

At the very least Murray gave 100% when we pushed him there, Adams just looked awkward and very much out of position.

He should have started as a left back.

Milsom for me looks better in midfield but I agree, he hasn't done anything wrong.

I'm not the biggest fan of Blair Adams, he just doesn't seem to fit our system or tactics but I do believe he would have been better starting as a left back. He has found form there whilst at Mansfield and I just felt very early on Adams wouldn't offer us anything in that position. He may need time, yet I think it's just too risky. Play Milsom or someone else there.

@notts-joe I think we need to make some practical solutions. Acknowledge the squad needs downsizing, sell Adams while we still have a chance, terminate Jenner and Sprockel's contracts if a deal can be done, sell Bennett to Newport, and then use some of the savings to pay for a decent centre half on loan for the rest of the season.

Simples :D

Absolutely agree, although rumour is Blair would have signed for Mansfield at the end of the season.

Until then it would have just been a loan extention, with the rumour ranging from free transfer to just bonuses depending how he did. I have to say, I can't see Mansfield paying much for him and chances are we'll end up letting Adams go for free at some stage (that's if his contract doesn't run out before).

Archived