Mansfield want to keep Adams

Turkey_Twizzler

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keep him he ain't as good as Milsom in my opinion Milsom is solid going forward and solid at the back.

Adams did okay last in bits and not so good and if it frees up wages to either bring in a Centre back I'd do that hopefully Sharpe will come in sooner then later as back up.

I also watched the Mansfield vs Wimbledon highlights and the first goal looked like Adams was to tight on lyle Taylor I belive it was.

Anyway Adams is okay but against anyone half decent no pacey wingers last year took him to the cleaners good left foot tho 

if he's not required they'd let him leave on a free I don't watch the reserves but if he looks good fairly young why not.

I just think Adams is on a decent wage and isn't as good as Murray is making out to be.

Again no disrepect to Mansfield town fans there was stats that they have lost more games with Adams playing then without so be all means take him he can easily be replaced 

I for one don't believe we will get the performances out of Blair Adams to make him worthy of remaining here.

I am sure we could find someone more suitable if he left and the options currently here didn't suite Jamie, at the end of the day I would prefer someone with pace and can actually contribute going forward, whilst being able to defend. Blair struggled to do both for us, he either looked okay going forward and messed up an attack or he bottled his defending duties.

Under Derry/Moniz he really didn't look bothered IMO - I'm not sure what would change now, he clearly wants to start regularly as this seems to help him perform well.

He should go we have other players who can play there.

How he managed to start frequently under Moniz at the start of the season i do not know, he was not much use defending or attacking. If he has found his feet during his loan spell at mansfield its a different question but i would trim down the squad starting with him.

For us this season he has been solid and hardly puts a foot wrong. The only thing I think he could do better is working on going forward but I don't think he that type of fullback to go forward. He brings great experience to the side and hopefully we sign him.

Don't understand why he should have so many doubters, a very capable fullback at league 1 level, and potentially one of the best in league 2

I find him frustrating myself, as mentioned before he looked better in League One under Derry than he did ever during his time under Moniz. He came with expectation, once touted as a future international and Arsenal tried signing him during his mid teens.

Yet he doesn't apply himself properly, he seems to lack confidence to push himself and I don't rate him myself.

He's a decent player but fans quickly got on the back of Kristian Peace for losing his potential. Blair Adams seems to have allowed his to pass by also, don't get me wrong he can do well but far too inconsistent during his time here.

10 minutes ago, markstag said:

Going off the subject of Blair Adams for a moment, how come you let Pearce go ? Apart from last Saturday been solid for us, can only assume you got better centre halves.

Pearce was a bit of an enigma.  When we first had him on loan as a raw kid he was very impressive, some were even predicting an England future.  When we signed him permanently he was less impressive.  He has all the physical attributes to be a good centre back, and his skill on the ball is way better than most at this level.  What let him down was that he never seemed to master the two basics of a defender - marking and concentration.  He just didn't seem to progress, he would look good for 89 of the 90 minutes, but in the other minute he would go to sleep and gift a goal.  The bigger the game the better he played (he was awesome against Man City) but he couldn't be relied on in the run of the mill games.  He seems to have done well for you, but I can't say I was sorry to see him go.

if Fullarton can coach Adams get his confidence up aswell and the back four can do what they did at Crawley keep tight and strong.

We will stop conceding goals and soon climb up were still only 6 points off play offs 2 games in hand and have the ability of scoring goals which we've proved.

if only moniz would of gone sooner we may be higher up the league 

Archived