Press conference Monday

Fan of Big Tone

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not unknown for people to say one thing and to do another, I really think we should be reading to much into this or becoming annoyed that @RayTrew may have gone down the inexperience route again.

I heard that 'inexperience' wouldn't be an option via the NP but perhaps this Fullerton has something about him? Perhaps he suites the way we aim to build, as we are focusing on producing our own youngsters but again, despite wanting to see someone taken on with experience - It could be. It could be a number of people still remaining in the running.

You can't believe everything you are told or shown because things change.

I think it's best to wait until we know tbh. Collin Slater, wonderful and cherished though he is, is not on the inside track anymore. In fact I don't think he has been for a while now. When Derek was in charge then he could feed whatever he wanted to Colin, as did Jack D, but I think Colin is on the outs with Ray.

Hopefully his supposition of Fullerton is just that.

I'll wait until Monday before I try to set light to my plastic bench card! (Not as easy now days. In protest I remember doing it with Colin Murphy and his mate Thommo, but then they were the proper little books with stubs!)

1 hour ago, hissingdwarf said:

If a rookie like Fullerton does get it then I think that's me done at the Lane for a while. Season ticket next season will be a no as well as if this appointment does come to fruition.

Fullarton really does look like the appointment from hell.  If it wasn't for the bookies odds I would laugh it off,  but 1/6 means it has to be taken seriously.  I share your fears but I'll still be there whoever is appointed, and I'll still renew my ST next season.  What I would have difficulty with would be continuing to support Ray Trew.  Even though Kiwomya was a ridiculous appointment, I could see a tiny bit of logic in that we were aiming to go down the youth team route and Kiwomya was the man who knew those players the best.  The appointment of Fullarton would have no logic at all unless you actually wanted to alienate 95% of your already small fanbase.  Please don't do this Ray.

Supporter+

Some of our fans are already revolting but if this goes through looks like they'll all be revolting.

Hope all the "Moniz out" brigade will be happy.

for the 1billionth time moniz was CRAP again he's a skills coach @tonyhateley I respect you're view you loved moniz etc etc fair play I respect you for that but  Fullerton is a U21 coach again another numpty if someone in recruitment is saying they want expierence proven manager shouldn't be employing a U21 coach when he has far better managers on that shortlist of cooper hurst Clark sheridan

I just hope it's all rumours and lies an hope cooper gets it if moniz is that great il wait to see were his next job is and what magical things he does 

9 minutes ago, tonyhateley said:

Some of our fans are already revolting but if this goes through looks like they'll all be revolting.

Hope all the "Moniz out" brigade will be happy.

I would guess that if the 'Moniz out' brigade were offered the choice between him and Fullarton, then Moniz would win by a landslide.

Why does this club insist on continually shooting itself in the foot?

Archived