Press conference Monday

Fan of Big Tone

3 hours ago, 1862 said:

but @Elite_pie what would the moniz out brigade think if it was between moniz cooper Sheridan hurst moniz wouldn't even get a sniff

Actually if Moniz hadn't already failed, I think most would have still gone for Moniz due to his success in the continent, but id naturally rather have Sheridan now even if he is a prat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be disappointed if we are pressing the gamble button with Fullarton as manager, but I think it's more likely that if he is coming to Notts it will be in a coaching role or as the assistant manager. All managers have to start somewhere but Notts really need an experienced league manager to get them up the table and away from the danger zone. I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram if JF is appointed because I support my team come what may! There's no guarantees that Cooper, Sheridan or any other well known manager can sort us out but they will have experience of dealing with players and their egos!! Whoever it is please start rebuilding the team from the back and get that defence organised. 

18 hours ago, 1862 said:

if it's Jamie Fullerton over Mark cooper am throwin my phone out the window at 2

As others have mentioned, Sheridan is a top class prat, not sure I actually want a berk like him anywhere near our club. He has had some success and a pedigree, of sorts. His record is not so good when it comes to man management and he wouldn't be my choice as a leader of men.

All sorts of names have entered the fray, most are unlikely to be considered - so, if it isn't going to be Wilder, Powell or Bowyer - Hurst would be my preferred option.

Sheridan would appease most fans & it is hard, apart from his style, to dispute such an appointment for the majority. Cooper - I just don't get all the fuss about hi, hope it is not him.

Alexander came from nowhere, he's another - why? No, thanks.

I'm not sure if we can suggest at this stage if the players will listen or won't respect him.

Yet I do believe the appointment may force fans a way, unless he got off to a good start - I still have my doubts, I think fans who refer to it as a 'smokescreen' may be right but we'll have to take the appointment as it comes. Let's hope its a good one!

I think its about building for next season, this is an admission that promotion this season is no longer the target and we are using this season to bed Fullarton in and hope to push on for next season -only reason I can give for a shocking appointment

Then we could have backed Moniz, wait for the season to end and then review the position. If it doesn't work, we all know people will sway to this notion.

Just a very bizarre decision.

7 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

Then we could have backed Moniz, wait for the season to end and then review the position. If it doesn't work, we all know people will sway to this notion.

I always wanted to give Moniz time but everyone else wanted him gone, I said that if we were to sack Moniz we have to get someone better, but we have got someone statistically worse

7 minutes ago, notts-joe said: Then we could have backed Moniz, wait for the season to end and then review the position. If it doesn't work, we all know people will sway to this notion.

I always wanted to give Moniz time but everyone else wanted him gone, I said that if we were to sack Moniz we have to get someone better, but we have got someone statistically worse

It wasn't an attack or personal bud, I did but I found it hard to defend him and I just felt if we could get experience in then fair enough.

This don't make any sense though.

Did the experience managers lose interest? I would love to know.

Archived