Did Alan Smith apply for the job?

BigMag

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  142
  • Days Won:  0

Would this explain as to why he travelled to Plymouth? Force the hands of the board into considering him for the job?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I think he's probably got his eyes firmly on wanting a formal coaching role or assistant manager here. If that's not on offer then he'll do one. Will be telling as, although I don't rate him as a player now, there's no denying the contribution he has made to the team off the field e.g. Noble is paying dividends compared to last season.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's possible, but anything we say is purely speculation and the room for discussion is quite limited.

I think Alan Smith would be a great coach, I keep saying this and did in the recent PONcast - I for one think that is where his merit will be found now. If he applied for the managers position, that's a different question but he may have. I wonder what the response would have been like if he had got it instead of Fullarton. That said, I wouldn't take him on as the assistant and it seems likely that Drydan and Halsall will be his helpers.

Hopefully an experienced number 2 will come.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

you cant blame him if he did, he may have been a decent option.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Alan smith is only Consdering Plymouth cause they have given him a extra yea playing time as he still wants to play.

And he was going to wait to see who the boss is personally I don't care if he goes as he always gets played above Curtis and yea off field he may be great.

On field he is terrible no pace no energy if teams come and pass it about quickly he looks like he ain't even there I've said it before il say it again.

I would prefer Milsom and Curtis and maybe noble in the middle all have energy drive and will not get over run and all decent on the counter break.

Id also drop Burke as he isn't a winger he has zero pace to go by a full back he is lazy defending is replace him with Genaro or Murray mainly Genaro just due to the face he has a wicked cross.

And the lad has pace to go beyond people and can shoot to and I think he never got a fair chance I also hope we see the real scot Bennett now aswell 

Archived