Bennet Curtis Noble Campbell

Stead Izzy

But Piethagoram's gung ho, lets entertain the crowd line up should be:

Loach

Atkinson MacKenzie Hollis Adams / Milsom

Curtis Noble

Aborah Valencic

Stead Izzy

I think roy, noble, thommo, stead and izzy pick themselves along with Atkinson and adams, who else plays is anyones guess

My choices would be

Big roy

Hewitt/Atkinson Mackenzie Hollis Adams

Noble Thommo Aborah Campbell

Izzy stead

Bench: Murray, valencic, Genaro S, I'd want at least one of them to come on around 60mins to add creativity if it is still 0-0

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

provided we play two strikers and players in position i wont worry, i do think the game will be hard.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@ohstanleyaborah I will be pleasantly surprised if Stanley is in the starting line up or even on the bench..Hope we don't have to ask for a  "watching paint dry icon / button" for a non creative team

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Piethagoram said:

@ohstanleyaborah I will be pleasantly surprised if Stanley is in the starting line up or even on the bench..Hope we don't have to ask for a  "watching paint dry icon / button" for a non creative team

I'm not convinced that Aborah is in the picture, particularly in a starting berth.

If he was a starter and considered one of the better players by the fans and then out of the picture when the new manager came in then it can only mean that either  a) the manager doesn't fancy him which would be odd considering the general consensus of the fans or b ) something has happened for the manager to put him down the pecking order.

If he's not involved then maybe the press will 'press' the manager on it  but the bottom line is ...if the team keep winning then he won't need to justify it as his selections are doing the business 

Personally I can't see any manager leaving a quality player out unless they either say they aren't interested or show it day to day.

Hey, he could be playing tomorrow, in which case....ignore me !!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I actually wondered when Moniz was fired as to whether Aborah would have a future with us. He is a very talented player for this level, but I feel he has to be used in a certain way for him to be effective (a bit like Boucard). Moniz utilized him in a method that suited him, whereas Fullarton is more than likely not going to, looking at the way his teams have lined up so far. Stanley would be most effective in a 3, or 5 man midfield, not a 4 man midfield as one of the two in the middle.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

When these 'Team v *****' threads crop up, I try and include Aborah but struggle to field an effective midfield around him. I don't like him in the deep role because for all his fancy stuff he has little real impact on the game, but to include him further forward needs a holding midfielder. Swerts would have been my choice before, now Smith is the only alternative. Other than that the option is to play one up front, which is very negative for a home game. A four man midfield with Aborah, Thompson. Campbell and Noble is just too easy to play against.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

When these 'Team v *****' threads crop up, I try and include Aborah but struggle to field an effective midfield around him. I don't like him in the deep role because for all his fancy stuff he has little real impact on the game, but to include him further forward needs a holding midfielder. Swerts would have been my choice before, now Smith is the only alternative. Other than that the option is to play one up front, which is very negative for a home game. A four man midfield with Aborah, Thompson. Campbell and Noble is just too easy to play against.

I think we need to decide if aborah is too good to leave out, as my name shows I love aborah and if we can't fit him in then im sure someone else would

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

I actually wondered when Moniz was fired as to whether Aborah would have a future with us. He is a very talented player for this level, but I feel he has to be used in a certain way for him to be effective (a bit like Boucard). Moniz utilized him in a method that suited him, whereas Fullarton is more than likely not going to, looking at the way his teams have lined up so far. Stanley would be most effective in a 3, or 5 man midfield, not a 4 man midfield as one of the two in the middle.

Very fair summary, your probably right.

Fullarton really does need to find a way to incorporate Aborah, he does defend and pick up the ball - if anything he tends to lose the ball whizzing past players (as he doesn't have a lot of pace). Yet most of the time he retains the ball, he's like a 'more' finished version of Curtis Thompson.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, notts-joe said:

Very fair summary, your probably right.

Fullarton really does need to find a way to incorporate Aborah, he does defend and pick up the ball - if anything he tends to lose the ball whizzing past players (as he doesn't have a lot of pace). Yet most of the time he retains the ball, he's like a 'more' finished version of Curtis Thompson.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

I must admit to being very excited to see how tomorrow pans out , however, I am also from Scotland... and one thing supporting Scotland has a habit of doing is booting you right in the b**ls when you least expect it ....so tomorrow's result and performance is also tinged with some trepidation!!

A win first and foremost, to nil preferably ....and a positive performance to give the Meadow Lane faithful a wee spring in their step for the weekend ...COYP !

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Elite_pie One thing that seems to get overlooked is that Stanley can deliver from dead balls. Campbell is full of running and covers an immense lot of ground but the final end product is simply not there

I live about 5-10 mins away from the lane and its chucking it down, ive been told the weathers forecast for heavy rain all day, any chance of it being called off?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

not been funny but Hartlepool are as bad if not worse then Barnet we destroyed Barnet.

We should destroy Hartlepool if stead of mcleod get service once one goes in thatl be it.

As for Stanley he is very talented etc etc but noble can deliver dead balls and strike free kicked one thing I have spotted in aborah don't know if others have .

ie the Oxford games his runner was constantly running off him becuase he figured out he doesn't track back and it's true he doesn't track back and it leaves a huge gap

Dont get me wrong he is very creative skill full no doubt but Burke is in the same boat has ability skill and creativity but if you watch he is lazy to get back and defend which leaves gaps for people to exploit.

Paddy McCourt was the same type example Luton game you saw him slowly jogging back as atkinson bombed forward to exploit a 2 on 1 situation 

not been funny but Hartlepool are as bad if not worse then Barnet we destroyed Barnet.

We should destroy Hartlepool if stead of mcleod get service once one goes in thatl be it.

As for Stanley he is very talented etc etc but noble can deliver dead balls and strike free kicked one thing I have spotted in aborah don't know if others have .

ie the Oxford games his runner was constantly running off him becuase he figured out he doesn't track back and it's true he doesn't track back and it leaves a huge gap

Dont get me wrong he is very creative skill full no doubt but Burke is in the same boat has ability skill and creativity but if you watch he is lazy to get back and defend which leaves gaps for people to exploit.

Paddy McCourt was the same type example Luton game you saw him slowly jogging back as atkinson bombed forward to exploit a 2 on 1 situation 

I think its important to start strong and get an early goal, once we let them get comfortable they will try amd make it difficult for us

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I was really looking forward to the game today, it's a shame but it presents us a chance to further prepare ourselves.

I think the longer Hartlepool go without playing, will only resort in nerves - we are not having much luck against them are we? Reminds me of the old days in League One not that many moons ago.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

today's a huge chance that's been cursed on us you wouldn't have found a better chance to get another 3 points today and then York 9 points.

But now it's York and Hartlepool away and we all know that one to well then Orient at home won't be easy 

• Like 1