The Pitch

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I see the pitch is being relaid at the moment. I hope they are seeding it with some good hard wearing grass because we will have the men's team, the ladies team and the rugby team all playing on it next season. I hate to think what it will look like in January next year.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

It will probably look like The Baseball Ground pitch in the 60's,especially if there's a lot of heavy rain :angel:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Two of the new floodlights went up yesterday, some hopefully the ground staff will get the pitch looking as it did a few seasons ago not that the it looked bad in the past season but the grass after the last time they re-dug the pitch, it looked much better.

431138_10200470900432672_1441115456_n.jp
Thanks to Andy Black

Supporter+

Ooo, didn't know we were having new floodlights. :clapping:

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

this is quite cool, ground work is a busy job and the staff do great. hope we see a nice pitch and the other lights go up

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

Two of the new floodlights went up yesterday, some hopefully the round staff will get the pitch looking as it did a few season ago, not that the past season it looked bad but the grass after the last time they re-dug the pitch, it looked much better.

431138_10200470900432672_1441115456_n.jp

Thanks to Andy Black

Looks good, promising signs Joe!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Forgot about the ladies' team playing there as well. Is it just me that isn't too chuffed about this? We've essentially took a team from their natural home, changed their name and moved their home. It's kinda like, I don't know - taking Wimbledon, changing their name and moving them to Milton Keynes... :unsure:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Theres definetly alot of games going to be played on the pitch... I hope it can withstand all of it so the games don't suffer because of a bad pitch.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

The pitch definitely played a part in some of our poorer performances. I wish we could sort it out. Bournemouth's was so much better and helped quick passing football.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Agree @MuddyPatchPie we actually played rather well down at Bournemouth as their pitch was like a capret and suited our passing game.

I often wonder if the 'total football' style is really the way to get out of this league though/ How many football pithces are there at this level that suit a passing game? Not very many at all, and how many times in the past few seasons have we heard managers and players putting bad days on home soil down to a poor pitch? Far too often but the way I see it - it's our pitch so we should be more used to it than the visitors. At the end of the day we have a contract with the Rugby club for them to continue to play their home games at Meadow Lane for another five years, and the position of our ground dosent help to some extent with the DP stand blocking half the pitch from any sunlight most of the time.

We're not in a position to afford fancy grass or undersoil heating etc, we have to make the most of what we've got. Hopefully the new lights will have some sort of positive affect. I'll be honest biology was not my strong point in school but I THINK I'm right in thinking light and heat will help keep the grass healthier?

Fingers crossed :)

Supporter+

Nice one Weymouth, I had forgot about the lights, hopefully they will help the grass to grow in the areas where it gets bare, as you say particulary down the DP stand side.

^^ When I said this, everyone thought I had gone crazy!

I think the lights should help, fingers crossed they're not as blinding though. Quite promising! I like when things like this are on-going. :)

Here's a picture of the pitch growing. (Thanks to Andy Black)

946989_10200514549003859_543718133_n.jpg

The Grass is starting to grow, it looks pretty cool.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

The grass is getting there... by mid season it certainly won't look like this though.

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

The grass is getting there... by mid season it certainly won't look like this though.

you never know, it looks pretty good and if we can maintain it after rugby games. the pitch might just hold up! they have those lighting rigs setup now, so that will help repair the grass.

The pitch certainly does look to be getting into shape, I am very impressed. I was browsing through photos which was shared the other day on facebook, I mentioned above that I love things like this but the pre-season is going to be great seeing the pitch in it's full glory.

I can't wait to get back at the lane.

It just doesn't seem the same, so in the meanwhile it's just great to see the pitch being taken care of. Our ground staff do a great job, I felt sorry for them when people blamed them for the games being called off last season. Probably one of the areas of Notts who put a lot of work in, manual work.

Archived