So many deaths

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

deathswithprince-medium.jpg

2016 has seen some sad loses to the entertainment world, no doubt the biggest surprises came from the recent news that Prince had passed a way.

It may come across as morbid.

I wonder which shocked PON members the most? All pictured above deeply saddened me but I was shocked to learn about Prince

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

Prince & Victoria Woods were both a big shock to me, being so young. I hear Billy Paul (Me & Mrs Jones) is the latest. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Lemmy for me. He was the sort of character that you thought would live forever and was the absolute rock star. A legend whose music in the late 70s/80s shaped my musical interests to this day and I was gutted to hear of his passing.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

It's sad and bizarre really. When I hear about celebrity deaths, I'm used to hearing about former legends who were well before my time. But Paul Daniels, Victoria Wood, Terry Wogan and Ronnie Corbett were TV staples in the 80s/90s and Bowie and Prince are international superstars. Very strange to think they all died within a month or two of each other. Sad as it is, someone at Corbett's age is probably reaching the end of his innings and rock stars don't generally have the healthiest lifestyles, but Victoria Wood was a total shock.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

All pictured above shocked me, I know Prince's work but I'm not really keen on his music - his songwriting ability was flawless though and I know he composed great lyrics.

Just saddened more by the loss of Ronnie Corbett.

But all are sad losses.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

I actually have a new Life strategy, seriously guys-n gals,...............I wake up early, just to check I am still alive.....then I wander around aimlessly (a bit like JF on the Notts touchline!!)....then after a coffee, sometimes a beer,...........I go back to sleep........still smiling.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

JF did not wander around aimlessly, he was more statuesque with his hands firmly in his pockets!

Smiling for a reason, or does the beer cause you wind?

Archived