Takeover Latest

mr_notts_county

Has anyone heard anything since RT went public on Twitter? His wife on this very forum said that RT can get carried away at times (from his previous posts on NCM), so was his Twitter comments more evidence of this again?

I wonder how much effort into an investigation our local media have done into this.. The NEP journalist Leigh Curtis, I feel, is just another source of PR for the club. He hasn't used his position to investigate/ask challenging questions (including the accountability of Guy Branston in regards to our transfer disasters this season). 

Haven't even heard whispers, its all quiet on the takeover front, most days I forget we are even up for sale!

Leigh Curtis defiantly doesn't use his position well, he just says that the club aren't required to talk to anyone about the takeover

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mr_notts_county said:

Has anyone heard anything since RT went public on Twitter? His wife on this very forum said that RT can get carried away at times (from his previous posts on NCM), so was his Twitter comments more evidence of this again?

I wonder how much effort into an investigation our local media have done into this.. The NEP journalist Leigh Curtis, I feel, is just another source of PR for the club. He hasn't used his position to investigate/ask challenging questions (including the accountability of Guy Branston in regards to our transfer disasters this season). 

Talks are ongoing.  From a director.

4 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

I'm not getting excited, I remember under Pavis there was talk about selling the club for years and nothing materialised. I just hope that if the club isn't sold we have a competitive budget for next season.

Couldn't agree more. All this anti-Trew stuff started after yet another rookie manager was appointed.

If we have Coops in charge plus the spine of a decent team, GK, 2 decent backs, 2 creative midfielders and 1 Hughsey-type striker, then quite frankly I don't care who "owns" Notts whether it be Mr and Mrs T, Donald Trump or Donald Duck.....if it's the latter, I bet we see a boost in Children's Season tickets....quack quack.

are talks really ongoing or are you just saying what fans want to hear tho? it's like when a politician will tell you this that and so on just to keep you quiet when really they have no intent on doing it.

I am becoming more and more concerned that there may not be no talks and that's from the situation that's being created no names no nothing I mean we got told a hedgefund then Asian company I belive Ray stated and if he got excited why say days when it's now been weeks.

Then the court case over the debt we had to pay I have a feeling this takeover won't happen as it would of been closer by now and I'm not even excited about it as I feel there is no one other then hardy who wants it sukhi ghuman stated it needs serious investment to move up.

And if Mark cooper doesn't get a contract after Carlisle game il go mad as how jamie Fullarton can be given a 3-4 year contract but cooper has to reach a target with this terrible lot is a mystery best manager in years.

Speaks the truth says it how it is not afraid to drop big names like mcleod stead etc told noble he ain't puttin up with his stupid red cards that's the manager I want a no no sense doesn't try to lie to me about what I've just watched also knows a player when he sees one give the guy a 3 year deal.

Lets be honest the trews will still be here next year branston will still be here the transfer pannel aswell as we never learn from 40 players each year the list can go on

17 hours ago, tarquinbeech said:

Couldn't agree more. All this anti-Trew stuff started after yet another rookie manager was appointed.

If we have Coops in charge plus the spine of a decent team, GK, 2 decent backs, 2 creative midfielders and 1 Hughsey-type striker, then quite frankly I don't care who "owns" Notts whether it be Mr and Mrs T, Donald Trump or Donald Duck.....if it's the latter, I bet we see a boost in Children's Season tickets....quack quack.

you're forget in 1 cooper has to get a win against a Carlisle team who batterd us also curle will have another point to prove so cooper has to get a result with a poor side in truth.

Also a hugshey type scorer now if alieen has stated Ray gets carried away at times well maybe he got carried away when we was promised this 20league striker.

A hugshey type striker will cost you a fortune not to mention bigger clubs like Pompey Oxford Plymouth league one clubs will all be throwing money at them.

I mean look at that kid  Newport signed Scott Boden non league young 16 goals this season why don't we try get these young lads give them a chance he's probaly on peanuts to compared to mcleod and stead 

Infact josh windass I'm sure was playing at a lower level and Accrington took a chance so many players lower levels come through and do better then our big named strikers look at the last set of strikers Danny Haynes izale mcleod Jon stead Enoch showumni all played in championship I belive stead premier league to.

And non of em have set the place alite when they've been here.

mcleod will be 34 next year stead 35 not bein mean but we need young up and coming players and give them a chance to get someone like Boden who has netted 16  goals for a terrible Newport squad proves if we can get quality next year he could get a lot more and he wouldn't be no were near what mcleods on just a suggestion everyone may not agree 

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 An unnecessary rant questioning when things remain under confidentiality agreements. The bottom line is that the reality is that there was never a long queue of potential buyers for the world's oldest professional League Club. Pavis had the club up for sale for years, before the disastrous sale to Scardino / Storrie..We dont want to be left in limbo, as serious buyers come and kick the proverbial tyres before realising maybe the tyres are tread bare :D The only fact we are aware of is that Alan Hardy's bid was not accepted.

21 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 An unnecessary rant questioning when things remain under confidentiality agreements. The bottom line is that the reality is that there was never a long queue of potential buyers for the world's oldest professional League Club. Pavis had the club up for sale for years, before the disastrous sale to Scardino / Storrie..We dont want to be left in limbo, as serious buyers come and kick the proverbial tyres before realising maybe the tyres are tread bare :D The only fact we are aware of is that Alan Hardy's bid was not accepted.

well if there's no serious buyers or long list as you stated why have we had all the rubbish of a Danish billionaire Americans then some Indians then some hedge fund then Asians then hardy I know this NDA things makes it harder but I don't belive for a second a billionaire would look at us at the current state.

Rant or not I'm not happy I'm sick of descions that have been made this year and if I'm payin 310 quid for a season ticket then 24 quid for a train there and back I expect us not to be run like a comical club next season and will someone please fire branston pickle to 

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 Maybe the question that needs answering is whether Ray's asking price is too high? It's a pity we heard no utterings from the saga of the Danish billionaire, maybe a Bridge too far :D Serious bidders that take the trouble to sign NDA's, something must be amiss if then no formal bids are subsequently lodged. It's not like there can be complexities of taken over a major group of companies, which can take months. 

We need certainty of the proprietorship soon, as Cooper, who provided doesnt walk away from the ownership uncertainty, needs the confidence of the budget for next season. 

10 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 Maybe the question that needs answering is whether Ray's asking price is too high? It's a pity we heard no utterings from the saga of the Danish billionaire, maybe a Bridge too far :D Serious bidders that take the trouble to sign NDA's, something must be amiss if then no formal bids are subsequently lodged. It's not like there can be complexities of taken over a major group of companies, which can take months. 

We need certainty of the proprietorship soon, as Cooper, who provided doesnt walk away from the ownership uncertainty, needs the confidence of the budget for next season. 

see I like cooper the guy is already looking at players he wants and Putin a list togther not messing around and he's already stated he wants to be here next season he is commiting himself to the club.

But someone should make him aware of what's going on as I don't think it's fair on him 

4 minutes ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

see I like cooper the guy is already looking at players he wants and Putin a list togther not messing around and he's already stated he wants to be here next season he is commiting himself to the club.

But someone should make him aware of what's going on as I don't think it's fair on him 

Putin would be interesting.....the guy has some serious clout!!

9 minutes ago, tarquinbeech said:

Putin would be interesting.....the guy has some serious clout!!

Not a bad call ... loads of money (allegedly) and if we suffered a bad refereeing decision, a club official could always meet up with the ref and discuss the matter over a nice cup of tea and polonium.

1 hour ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

see I like cooper the guy is already looking at players he wants and Putin a list togther. 

I hope he takes his time - there's no point Russian into it.

21 minutes ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

well one things for sure I made one spelling mistake and have brought a bit of laughter better then all the depression we've suffered 😂

True, it even made Lenin Bulwell smile.

Archived