Stevenage after Izale?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

The post are reporting that Stevenage are looking to sign Izale McLeod! I think he could be amazing at this level given the right service and if he could actually be bothered

http://m.nottinghampost.com/stevenage-to-swoop-for-notts-county-forward-izale-mcleod/story-29465738-detail/story.html

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  2

I just feel that Bowery and Forte are younger versions of McLeod and Stead, I'd like to see us get a different type of striker if we offload McLeod 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If we sell Izale Mcleod and we don't see any money come in from it, sorry it but it will confirm how rash as club we are to sign players. £150k for a striker when even at that stage I was saying it could be spent wiser. I personally wouldn't allow him to leave unless we can get 65% back, which I suspect will be hard.

McLeod isn't awful but he doesn't motivate himself, which is difficult for a player.

Majority will acknowledge he can be a lethal player when he 'managed' but how much time does that require? Hopefully Sheridan sees that our best chance isn't a case of breaking up what goalscorers we have and can implement ways to create him chances but as a striker Izale must focus on beating that barn door.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

5 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

McLeod isn't awful but he doesn't motivate himself, which is difficult for a player.

Motivating themselves is difficult for a football player? Well, blow me down. I reckon I could find 5,000 in the stands that would have a lot of motivation in being paid £1500+ a week to run around a bit on a Saturday and put 3 hours a day of training in during the week. 

• Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Motivating themselves is difficult for a football player? Well, blow me down. I reckon I could find 5,000 in the stands that would have a lot of motivation in being paid £1500+ a week to run around a bit on a Saturday and put 3 hours a day of training in during the week. 

I agree whole heartedly!!! Its a privilege to be a professional sportsman and if your hearts not in it then get out the game. I think he can do well if managed properly (right formation played and the kind of service he needs) but having seem him as much as I did last season I honestly won't be upset if he goes.

• Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Izale to stay is a no brainier ,he will score 20 goals this season, just get behind him!!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

he can go if he wants, i cant say i would be bothered tbh. good player on his day but that is not often sadly.

7 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

I've told you about going to watch Forest before haven't I?!

Without an hint of sarcasm at my end, I think you would struggle to find a good enough fan who can complete even at Non-League standard. Also, Izale does a lot of running - just not much of it is for the 'ball' or in areas where the golden opportunity requires it to score but good luck - if you achieve it perhaps it is you who will replace Guy Branston? :lol:

45 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@wacky what you meant to say...Izzy to stay upright..... or maybe not..that's  the no brainer :D

Haha... Well the likes of Liam Noble could be right about playing to his ability.

16 hours ago, notts-joe said:

think you would struggle to find a good enough fan who can complete even at Non-League standard

Perhaps so, but lets not forget that we lost 2-0 to Salford and were comprehensively outplayed, so in reality, they probably wouldn't need to be better than non-league level anyway. 

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Perhaps so, but lets not forget that we lost 2-0 to Salford and were comprehensively outplayed, so in reality, they probably wouldn't need to be better than non-league level anyway. 

Of course they would, what would be the point of signing anyone beneath or at a similar level? The motivation you mention would quickly turn into a 'can't be bothered' - its often the reason people don't make the grade (after not being good enough in the first place).

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Stay or go I wouldn't mind to be honest , think this season he may get better service and hopefully we'll be more solid going forward with the balance to defend well also , confidence for some players is an absolute must to get them really firing on all cylinders, what would we get for him I wonder ?? 

1 hour ago, notts-joe said:

Of course they would, what would be the point of signing anyone beneath or at a similar level? The motivation you mention would quickly turn into a 'can't be bothered' - its often the reason people don't make the grade (after not being good enough in the first place).

Stay away from drugs, kids. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

If we got a fee for him, I think it would be the infamous "nominal".

I don't think he has much of a future as once the fans turn on you, you hardly ever come back from it and I don't think Izale is willing to work hard enough to turn that round.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Modern Notts Fan 🔥 maybe Stevenage walked away and signed Liburd from Reading for a five figure fee instead?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

@Modern Notts Fan 🔥 maybe Stevenage walked away and signed Liburd from Reading for a five figure fee instead?

well looking at libird record he looks a cracking goal machine no more then 20 goals in his whole career 

Archived