Players Who Don't Figure In John Sheridan's Plans?

TheCalFoster

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

http://www.nottinghampost.com/john-sheridan-keen-to-move-on-notts-county-players-who-do-not-figure-in-his-plans-for-next-season/story-29555571-detail/story.html

With John Sheridan "keen" to move a few on, who do we expect to leave?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a couple of youth players such as Gibson go out on loan. Graham Burke is a player I want to do well but he seems like De Silva in that he has bags of talent but seems more of a luxury player, he can watch games go by coupled with the fact he can be lazy but I feel he may be one of the players we end up letting go. Izale Mcleod, goalscorer on his day he can tear teams apart in this league but again he can be lazy and had a bad end to the season however it's worth noting he did NOT have a pre season last year and maybe that's why he ran out of steam towards the second half of the season, can't see him leaving due Forte being injury prone, Stead picks up yellow cards, so we need that other proven striker, hopefully he will come good this season. We've still got Rob Milsom but he is always injured so that could force the end of his Notts days.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Izale McLeod should only leave if we have the ability to recoup some of the fee spent on him.

Graham Burke requires what every young player needs, that is stability and someone to guide him. He's a good player, with plenty of promise but just went missing - I would keep him myself. This said it will be interesting to see whom gets the cut, however I have a feeling it won't be players we all agree on - perhaps higher earners like typical but ones which don't feature much but probably could.

Its anyone's guess right now.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I think Shezza likes Burkey but i wouldn't be surprised to see Milsom or Sharpe moved on same with Campbell and Atkinson but both are still young

@notts-joe Burke is one who bemuses me he so clearly has the talent, but he just looks stuck in first gear occasionally has a great moment where he steps up to second or third gear but never has the consistency to stay in third or venture into fourth or fifth.. The talents there for all to see but he just doesn't produce enough..

@ohstanleyaborah I think Rhys Sharpe will stay as he's been played on the wing a few times and our lack of wingers may give him an opportunity as a back up winger.. 

Millom he's been injured 3 quarters of his Notts spell, seems injury plagued, expect him to be gone. 

Campbell again he's the same as Sharpe our lack of wingers present him an opportunity.

Atkinson could well be the one who makes way...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

I can't believe that Atkinson would be chopped. Or the lack of faith shown in him by some fans. He has quality.

Idle should be moved out to make way for new striker. 

@2piesonmyshirt He's a decent player, but Tootle and Hewitt above him for Right back. In centre midfield O'Connor, Aborah, Thompson, Smith, Milsom (Maybe) and Tootle can play centre mid if needed.

As for Izale, what everybody forgets is he did NOT have a pre season last season and if you look at the first half of the season he was a good goal scorer but then his lack of pre season caught up with him, given service a fit Izale Mcleod scores goals. If anything we need 4 strikers, Forte injury prone, Stead picks up yellow cards, we could do with one more striker and Gibson to make 5 strikers.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I don't think Izale will be leaving, he's a proven goalscorer and any manager worth his salt will at least try to get the best out of him.

We're covered at LB but light on numbers in central midfield - if Tootle makes the right-back position his own, Milsom remains injured and Smith concentrates on coaching (please!) it's basically two of Aborah, O'Connor and Thompson. That leaves us looking thin when injuries and suspensions kick in. I would be surprised if JS tried to move Milsom on and bring someone in to provide cover/competition for the CM berth. Another centre-half would be good too.

@DangerousSausage I'd love to know how Milsom gets injured because it's certainly not from playing in competitive matches.. :huh2: 

You could say Atkinson is a centre midfielder looking at the back end of last season. 

• Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

No number 9 or 10 in our squad list, are we still awaiting their arrival?

@wacky It does seem abit strange but for some reason our strikers like 30, 11 and 39 - I try not to read too much into squad numbers.

• Content Count:  1,727

3 hours ago, TheFostarr94 said:

@2piesonmyshirt He's a decent player, but Tootle and Hewitt above him for Right back. In centre midfield O'Connor, Aborah, Thompson, Smith, Milsom (Maybe) and Tootle can play centre mid if needed.

As for Izale, what everybody forgets is he did NOT have a pre season last season and if you look at the first half of the season he was a good goal scorer but then his lack of pre season caught up with him, given service a fit Izale Mcleod scores goals. If anything we need 4 strikers, Forte injury prone, Stead picks up yellow cards, we could do with one more striker and Gibson to make 5 strikers.

disagree izale has a bad attitude no one wanted him to succeed more then me I have his name on my shirt. 

His attitude and desire was not there so I'd rather have a younger pacey striker who may find the net and stead may pick up cards but didn't izale get a lot for diving?

and also stead got 14 goals last season with crap service 

• Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

A poster on mad says that Wilson will be signing soon! Let's hope so

A poster on mad says that Wilson will be signing soon! Let's hope so

It might be a case of us waiting to get rid of players before signing them

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

6 hours ago, 2piesonmyshirt said:

I can't believe that Atkinson would be chopped. Or the lack of faith shown in him by some fans. He has quality.

I'm not convinced by him as a defender but he improved near the final few games, prior I personally preferred Hewitt myself.

That said, I think he's got potential and it would be a shame to see him released. Would much rather see Sharpe go, he hasn't shown us anything and have we featured him in a friendly so far?

6 hours ago, 2piesonmyshirt said: I can't believe that Atkinson would be chopped. Or the lack of faith shown in him by some fans. He has quality.

I'm not convinced by him as a defender but he improved near the final few games, prior I personally preferred Hewitt myself.

That said, I think he's got potential and it would be a shame to see him released. Would much rather see Sharpe go, he hasn't shown us anything and have we featured him in a friendly so far?

He played a short amount against Walsall and was rubbish

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

it should not be that hard for john sheridan to weed out people who wont feature in his plans.

@ohstanleyaborah do you happen to know any players that have no played much in the pre season friendlies? unless of injuries, not playing people would seem to be a luxury or not wanted.

for me sharpe and milsom should be allowed to go.

it should not be that hard for john sheridan to weed out people who wont feature in his plans.

@ohstanleyaborah do you happen to know any players that have no played much in the pre season friendlies? unless of injuries, not playing people would seem to be a luxury or not wanted.

for me sharpe and milsom should be allowed to go.

Sharpe is the main one, he's hardly featured from what i know, And when he has he hasn't been very good, montel Gibson hasn't featured much but that could be down to him still being very young, other than that everyone has played and we have played a different team in the first and second half's so most games 22 players have played

• 2 weeks later...

@ohstanleyaborah Rhys Sharpe has been released, looks like you was right. We must have someone lined up..

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Per Leigh Curtis today on twitter re transfer day deadine day ....... only (will sign a new player) if (Notts) they can get another out.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Preferably Hollis will go, or Atkinson if he is still around (been away for 10 days so still trying to catch up!)? JS is after a winger though, so maybe he is looking at moving Snijders, or Burke out?

Peculiar, that he still has to offload after removing McLeod from the wage bill, we might have had to pay a fair wad to get him out of the club?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Archived