Vadaine Oliver signs on loan

Piethagoram

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  2

I'd have preferred Mellors Blaire to be honest. Although it's trail by wikipedia, if he is surplus to requirements at York, what is he bringing to Notts?

• Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

He is one of the most laziest players you could have signed. Don't get me wrong on his day he can be a decent player but not consistant enough. His strengths are hold up play and positioning. Must admit surprised about him going to Notts.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Not impressed with this but no one knew it was happening so i imagine a centre half might be on his way in but we don't know about it

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Might be able to come good for the likes of Shezza and Norm.

Decent managers can wonders for confidence. 

We'll see 

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Well lets face it, every decent team needs at least 4 strikers, Forte has injury problems, Stead has yellow picks up more yellow cards aso the years go by and Izale is Izale if one gets injured we would have no one to come off the bench, if two got injured we'd be left with one striker and and unproven Gibson.. 4 out and out strikers and Gibson I'm more than happy with that..

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,998
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Totally out of the blue in terms of the signing, hopefully he won't be someone sat in the background during the 6 months he is here.

We need to have a robust squad, so I wish him all the very best and I hope he proves himself to be a good addition to the squad. However much unlikely I feel this may be, I also would have preferred the lad we had during the earlier part of our pre-season.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

he looks like player we would have signed a few seasons back and totally overhyped on his way in.

have we reached our budget? quite a disappointing signing really.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Very strange choice. I do see the need for an extra striker, but this looks as though the ones we were originally chasing have decided to go elsewhere so we have had to scramble around in order to find a 4th choice from somewhere. It also appears to nail on the fact that Izale won't be going anywhere.

Oliver now has the incentive to prove his worth in what must be his last chance saloon, or else know for certain that he will be playing non league football for the rest of his career.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

When I saw the number 9 shirt hadn't been allocated I didn't think it was a relegated striker who'd be grabbing it. But maybe the need to avoid returning to the non-league after the six months ends will be a good motivation for him. Welcome to Notts Vadaine Oliver, COYP.

• Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

last season Oliver was in A York squad worse then us an still managed 10 goals so maybe with a bit of quality he may get more.

JS isn't known for signing big names he signs players improves them in my view if he says Oliver is a handful and offers a diffrent threat il take his word then any fans words.

Just becuase he wasn't great for Mansfield doesn't mean he may not come good he's 24 he's young will still learn and some players just need a manager who can motivate them.

At the end of the day he's got something to lose York don't want him so if he comes here does well scores goals he gets a perment deal.

• Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  1

For me it's all about 'fit '. Some players / managers 'fit' with one club but not with another. Case in point Izale Mcleod: his career record doesn't lie, his one failure has been at Notts, elsewhere he's averaged a goal every 3 games - including at some abysmal clubs e.g Crawley.

In a recent NP article, Sheridan seems clear that Oliver brings a physical  presence with him, something that is missing from the current group of forwards. He recollects his teams playing against him and how difficult an opponent he can be. For me it's a no-lose situation. If it doesn't work out he'll be gone in January but we may have found a useful player here - trust in Sheridan !!

Archived