Jack Bearne

Piethagoram

When a 14 year old comes on for 30 mins in a youth team game and you know how special he is

"One great positive from today was introducing 14-year-old Jack Bearne into the team. Jack is a fantastic talent, which I've known since I arrived at this club nearly seven years age. Watching him develop has been a pleasure.

"He came on for the last 30 minutes today and at times he lights it up. He's a real prospect and I'm sure fans will see him feature even more for us in the coming games this season."

Notts line-up: Searson-Smithard, Cobain (Anstey 60'), Dunn, Brownhill (C), Richards, McCartney, Clayton-Naute, Howes, Campbell (Robinson 80'), Osborne, Gibbons (Bearne 60')

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/notts-county-under-18s-chesterfield-under-18s-youth-alliance-cup-3274166.aspx#gYCkDzMDAY13zDdf.99

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Hopefully hes got a very bright future!

The problem is that if he has, it's highly likely that a Premiership club will nick him for peanuts.  Another rule change to benefit the big boys and stick two fingers up to the lower leagues.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Problem is, 150k for a lower league club is considered good value because we'd probably get less if a big club pinched him.

Really good luck to him, its hard to think of the club when a youngster has a chance of going onto much bigger and better things - you want this but in an ideal world clubs like ours would get a fee based on his true talent and where that skill may take him.

The 'wanting to produce our own grown talent' also goes out the window here.

• Like 1

I would have liked to see him stay and develop at Notts. But you can't blame him for wanting to go to one of the country's top academies. You've also got to bear in mind that at the age of 15 no-one actually has any idea whether a player is going to make it. We might have just pocketed 150k for a player who never makes it in professional football (although obviously I hope that he does).

• Like 1

Needed a deal to keep him at Notts, so he would get exposure to 1st team football so much sooner. He needed to be fast tracked, but as we see with the likes of Luther, last years decent Reserve performances count for nothing, as JS refuses to try youngsters, even when the old pro's are failing to live up to expectations

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-finally-given-leon-3081014

I seem to recall Leon Best was sold by our Administrator at the time, Paul Finnity? Stand to be corrected. Maybe McGoldrick went around a similar time to Southampton

Then there were the sagas of Jermaine Pennant...rumours that we had to go to Arsenal to trade off future add ons for cash now?

It's a shame we cant build our club with the talent coming through...Just lost opportunities to really progress

• 6 years later...

We could hope @Piethagoram, he's had some football experience with Kiddiminster.

I would think Notts would look at the level of coaching he's had, the highs whilst at Liverpool and think he could be a good player for us, especially in the future. He's what, 21-years-old now?  Plenty of oppatuntity that we could get the most out of him. It will be interesting to see where he does go, I think Liverpool missed the trick with not loaning him to us whilst we were in the National League.

It slighly makes me wished we had him and Ozzy on the wing for us, both as future regulars to our first team.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

he might not be a first team regular but would be one for the future, i hope the club looks to bring him back because if liverpool felt he had potential. then we should try to get it out of him further, he just needs experience and someone to aid him with how to improve further.

it could be a good fit bringing him back to notts, we have so many players he could learn from.

• Like 4

Has anyone seen him play? Liverpool to Kidderminster Harriers is a long way down, but Lee Hughes left West Brom for them and became a good player in time. If we can salvage his career and make use of him, he could be useful. I remember him being a winger in our youth team; can he play elsewhere?

• Like 3

Jack Bearne could be a good punt. The club knows him and his experience at Liverpool will have given him a good pedigree. I’m guessing here, but I think with his playing time so far, he might end up being a trialist for clubs considering signing him. I would take a gamble on him provided the salary he wanted was reasonable.

• Like 1

He only played for 90 minutes 9 times last season and didn’t feature in Kidderminster’s run in or play-off campaign. So hardly a key player for a NLN side, I’ve not watched him play but that suggests to me he's too far off the level we’d want.

If we signed him we’d have to send him out on loan. Don’t know if financially that makes much sense. So right now the £150k looks like a good deal!

That’s not to say he’s not capable of fulfilling his potential, took Colby Bishop a few seasons in non-league to get going but he was just one from hundreds we’ve released that have got back into the EFL. Who knows what will happen but right now I’d say taking him back would be a bit of risk.

• Like 3

It’s uncertain how well he would fit in with Notts. Although it’s unlikely that he would regularly play for the first team, a loan could make it worthwhile. If he were loaned to a team that would give him playing time, it could help bring him up to speed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, menzinho said:

If we signed him we’d have to send him out on loan. Don’t know if financially that makes much sense. So right now the £150k looks like a good deal!

He possesses a level of talent that is rare for someone his age. Being selected from a lower youth setup and given the opportunity to play for one of the biggest Premier League teams undoubtedly adds pressure. Liverpool could have arranged more loan deals for him, as that experience is often beneficial. I believe Notts has the potential to revive his career by first loaning him out and then gradually giving him opportunities to break into the team.

I would say that Jack Bearne could be one to watch, but for now, what is the likelihood that Notts will make him a first-team player any time soon? We do better with players who just need a nudge to play at their best.

• Like 1

We don’t have a great record of signing players from Liverpool, who was the last decent one, Steve Nicol? Premier league academy sides don’t pull up many tree in the EFL trophy and most only have 1 or 2 decent players with a lot of padding, and they ruin more careers than they create.

That aside, I think the best chance he would have of coming back to Notts would be to have a trial, but would he be willing to do that and would we be willing to fill a squad spot with him.