This awfully named "Whole Game Solution"........

Elite_pie

The club are giving fans an opportunity to give their thoughts on the (in my opinion) scandalous proposals for re-structuring the Football League.  I would urge all Notts fans (whatever your views) to spend 5 minutes on this survey giving your thoughts. The Greed League don't give a **** about clubs like ours, and some of their plans are very disturbing. It's no good whining once it's happened, so let them know what you think NOW.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/notts-county-whole-game-solution-3306101.aspx?

Shouldn't this have been done before they voted in favour? Seems a little backwards.

I wouldn't waste my time voting, it was obvious from the start that the competition wouldn't be supported and reading the link makes me laugh. "Chief executive Jason Turner said: “Our supporters’ views are most important and I want to ensure they are involved in this process and the direction in which the club will ultimately vote."

Really would love to know which clubs rejected, I know some of the Premier League teams did.

1 hour ago, notts-joe said:

Shouldn't this have been done before they voted in favour? Seems a little backwards.

This is a different issue.  The club voted in favour of EFL Trophy reforms, this "Whole Game Solution" is much bigger and involves some very disturbing proposals like introducing Division 5.  Like others have said, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.eurosport.com/football/efl-chief-calls-for-patience-with-checkatrade-trophy_sto5893772/story.shtml

Whilst trying to justify his position, this maybe useful for Notts

A statement read: "EFL Futures will help clubs to develop more young players within the EFL and provide direct financial rewards to clubs who regularly promote home-grown players from their academies into the first team.

"A sum of £750,000 per season is being made available for the next three years to reward those clubs who provide starting opportunities in Sky Bet EFL fixtures for home-grown players under the age of 21 and are qualified for England (or Wales for Cardiff and Newport)."

Richards Wildin and Gibson to get the money in

I think 'peanuts' is a pretty accurate description.  If this annual £750,000 is shared equally between the 72 EFL clubs the average payment per club would be £10,417.  To give this pitiful amount a bit of Premier League context, the amount the EFL plan to share between 72 clubs over a year is the same amount that would pay Wayne Rooney's salary for 3 weeks!!!

This whole issue is solely created out of the FA's need to pander to the press and social media about the national team when the issue of English players rears its head. The FA don't and haven't cared about any other league other than the premier leage since 2003 when they sold their soul to get a few freebies and nice holidays. They constantly bring in ridiculous laws that are there to serve the premier league solely, the EPPP being the biggest one to date before they bring in another league filled with premier league players from the over inflated squads that most if not all clubs at that level have. 

It will happen and they will get their wishes re the premier league players as they know that the clubs in the conference in the main don't have the resources to compete at league level so they will introduce a link-up system so that the premier league clubs can send their unwanted / recovering players to these clubs.

If anyone thinks it won't happen ask yourself why the premier league clubs that have entered this years checkatrade trophy aren't competing with solely british under 23 players? That was the whole supposed idea of their inclusion, but yet again the FA & the EFL have taken the holidays and free cars rather than doing what it best for the clubs outside of the premier league

Certainly the perceived franchise of the Premier League has given them the wealth to hoard the best young talent. Very rarely do you find Premier League clubs cascading money downwards to buy talent from L1 or L2 nowadays. Even in L1 or L2 youth teams, the top clubs can come down and buy youth team players with a pittance of compensation payable. I can see the day that it will need an Act of Parliament to protect the football pyramid as I have no confidence in the FA nor FL in having the guts and commercial key holding to do anything real to protect the game meaningfully.

Certainly the perceived franchise of the Premier League has given them the wealth to hoard the best young talent. Very rarely do you find Premier League clubs cascading money downwards to buy talent from L1 or L2 nowadays. Even in L1 or L2 youth teams, the top clubs can come down and buy youth team players with a pittance of compensation payable. I can see the day that it will need an Act of Parliament to protect the football pyramid as I have no confidence in the FA nor FL in having the guts and commercial key holding to do anything real to protect the game meaningfully.

You're right, but Parliament can't legislate on this even if it wanted to, which I doubt. England would be in breach of FIFA and UEFA rules and would be kicked out like Greece were until their government backtracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

A very well written article, I like the idea of the premier league teams leaving the academies to the football league clubs, this would fall down when a club got promoted into the premier league but is essentially a good idea.

I would further add that if the youth players were left to football league teams that ALL players that move on do so for at least £100,000 with their value adding by at least £7,500 per first team appearance, and then further structured payments per appearances and penalties if no game time after 12 months and further penalties if no consistant game time (the only penalty that would work is a points deduction) this way it ensures that there is a fair distribution of monies throughout the leagues and would actually raise the level of all of the leagues alongside stopping clubs player blocking like they do now. 

Archived