ownership...be careful what you wish for

Piethagoram

Indeed. A change of ownership can also go horribly wrong. Another example is the team that tore us a new one on Saturday (and who are still below us in the table) - five years ago they were in the Premier League.

We need a new beginning and fresh ideas - but also responsible ownership.

I'm not sure American's really understand the inner working of football, however who knows for sure? The track record of American ownership of UK clubs isn't good but if there is truth in this, I really don't know what to make of it.

Hopefully the BBC or Nottingham Post can dig out some more information.

According to Wikipedia they also own 20% of New York City FC (Man City's offshoot there). They're not short of cash either - Forbes describes them as a "money-making machine", with an overall value of USD 5 billion (although they are carrying 2 billion of debt).

But it begs the question of why they'd want to get involved - we're hardly the only historic club around, and we're a long way from the Premier League and the riches they're no doubt after. With the money they've got, surely it'd be more logical to buy an existing Premier League club, or at least a top Championship club?

Usually this doesn't happen, Notts are probably too small for some of the UK media to dig out more to this story. I suspect Sky wouldn't until someone else does more of the ground work but I wouldn't expect any announcements from any potential buyer. It's more common that information is leaked to various media's whereby then it gives people a steady platform to declare their interest.

I wished people would just show their hands and actually move on, the uncertainty isn't good for the club to have potential huge changes like this looming over the team.

Well here's how I assume this will play out.

Absolute silence, with no further mentioning of the potential takeover - with no statements or any person actually chasing up information. Same old story but it would be nice if a statement came out but there's really nothing at this stage for them to actually deny or confirm. There very well may be talks, yet until someone chases this and turns it into a proper story, I'm afraid a tweet won't give much pressure.

Oh Joe's just covered but there needs to be more from the UK media, especially local sources.

13 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

Or even incomplete bollocks?

Or I can put it another way, about as believable as this tweet:

Both have met my asking price and now its a race to the finish line. I expect a announcement will be forthcoming in days rather than weeks

3:16 AM - 9 Apr 2016

So now it is a bloke who is heading a consortium and he is an in law member of the family that used to own the Yankees and he used to work for them, amazing how rumours get blown out of proportion.

Personally I thinks its a load of rubbish and its just been put out there in order to try and push Alan Hardy into a decision.

I would be wary too, our last American involvement at Notts, Scardino, ended in financial disaster. The financial model the Glazer's used at Manchester United would be totally inappropriate for Notts too. Americans tend to use financial leverage,mainly ranking up the debt. The Trust was there last time to save us. They won't be next time.

The biggest concern for all, that despite the club's marketability as the world's oldest professional League Club, there is still a worrying lack of buyers out there.

The club is at the stage where it does need new owners.

Its not helping having this speculation hanging the club, so you put the club for sale at a fair price or find some other way to force a sale. Ray cannot afford to allow it be dragged out, so if there is any real interest, its in his best interest now to advance with the talks. I am sorry to say it but I suspect its all money related as to why its struggling.

Archived