Montel Gibson

Turkey_Twizzler

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Montel Gibson's loan at Barwell FC ended earlier this month meaning he was able to play this weekend yet we had 5 sub's and put Alan smith on up front...

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

He hardly set the world alight at Barwell FC.. if he's not scoring in that league do we really think he's going to start smashing them in for us?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The thing about youngsters, you need chemistry and timing for them to settle.

Sometimes it requires 'gut' and 'hard work' which then shines a players mentality - the perfect example for this would be Curtis Thompson. Montel may not have set the world alight at Barwell FC, he may not be good enough for our standard but I see giving him that chance to show us what he has about himself to be far more important than playing Alan Smith upfront. I'd never allow this to become a possibility if I was the manager, however we have John Sheridan who seems to be sweating about who to play where and what tactics we should attempt to play.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

20 hours ago, TheFostarr94 said:

He hardly set the world alight at Barwell FC.. if he's not scoring in that league do we really think he's going to start smashing them in for us?

Montel is very very good, going to teams like Barwell is more about the physical preperation than anything else. 

I was desperate for Jordan Richards to be given a chance and I think he has shown his potential, give Montel the chance alongside an Alan Smith with midfielders who can create decent chances and you'll see just how much potential the boy has.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Give youth its chance I say , can't do any worse than some for sure and may just a gem for discovering .

• Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

MG should be given a chance to show what he can do. It certainly can't hurt and we need to do something. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

We shouldn't be pinning all our hopes on a young player and throwing him in before he's ready for it. If he's struggling with the physical side of things and not scoring in the NPL, he's unlikely to fare any better in League Two. Although a bollard would be more effective up front than Alan Smith.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

1 hour ago, DangerousSausage said:

We shouldn't be pinning all our hopes on a young player and throwing him in before he's ready for it. If he's struggling with the physical side of things and not scoring in the NPL, he's unlikely to fare any better in League Two. Although a bollard would be more effective up front than Alan Smith.

I fail to believe how Paul Bollard could ever have been more effective than anyone, let alone Alan Smith. :)

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

3 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Give youth its chance I say , can't do any worse than some for sure and may just a gem for discovering .

A lot of very talented kids fall by the way side as their development is slowed by the "don't put them in too early" brigade which is the very opposite of what they actually need. 

The one thing young kids normally have is determination, the very thing which has been sadly lacking at Notts for a long time.

Archived