Ricardo Moniz

Northants Pie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Northants Pie I would have him back immediately. This last calendar year had been a footballing disaster. I despair at the lack of creativity, any neutral coming to Meadow Lane is served dull as dishwater football.

The history books will record the pivotal moment being the appointment of the undertaker. Football philosophies at polar extremes. It just needed tweaking. Instead we got Jamie's dire dross. Remembering  Valencic's fine strike at Crawley, so fine, Jamie dropped him for the next game. 

Sheridan continues Jamie's philosophy but the defence and keeper are not good enough. Stead's individual brilliance in scoring goals this season, masked over the lack of creativity as a team.

These are indeed dark days. I feel sorry for the Trews that their investments have been squandered by managers, some of which like Jamie and to a lesser extent Kiwomya, should never have been appointed

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The football is a result of the instability that the club is so famously offering, people will naturally blame the manager at the time but really, why would anyone who takes his career seriously sign for us? I find it amusing these days when people say we have signed bad players (worst words said).

We sign the best that will probably sign for at the time.

That said, I said all along that Ricardo shouldn't have been sacked but that was again our trigger happy chairman.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

This shower as are no better but sadly it's what we are lumbered with , RM is in the past pal , we need upstairs sorting out asap , been off line a couple hours , how we can go a match day with so much going on and no official statement is shocking really thought a statement would be made today .

Moniz should have got more time and less interference and maybe could have been a success , we'll never know .

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I pay money to be entertained. Ricardo's teams entertained me at ML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RM set up to attack was creative , if he was back how would he set this team up ?? Little to no creativity absolutely nothing at the back . 

The football and results I don't feel will improve until the club is sorted at the top . 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

1 hour ago, notts-joe said:

The football is a result of the instability that the club is so famously offering, people will naturally blame the manager at the time but really, why would anyone who takes his career seriously sign for us? I find it amusing these days when people say we have signed bad players (worst words said).

We sign the best that will probably sign for at the time.

That said, I said all along that Ricardo shouldn't have been sacked but that was again our trigger happy chairman.

I don't blame JS i like you were one of the few that wanted Ricardo to be given the time he deserved. 

If people were neing honest, would those who wanted Ricardo sacked admit they got it wrong? 

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

@Northants Pie I would have him back immediately. This last calendar year had been a footballing disaster. I despair at the lack of creativity, any neutral coming to Meadow Lane is served dull as dishwater football.

The history books will record the pivotal moment being the appointment of the undertaker. Football philosophies at polar extremes. It just needed tweaking. Instead we got Jamie's dire dross. Remembering  Valencic's fine strike at Crawley, so fine, Jamie dropped him for the next game. 

Sheridan continues Jamie's philosophy but the defence and keeper are not good enough. Stead's individual brilliance in scoring goals this season, masked over the lack of creativity as a team.

These are indeed dark days. I feel sorry for the Trews that their investments have been squandered by managers, some of which like Jamie and to a lesser extent Kiwomya, should never have been appointed

I remember fondly the home days under Ricardo, even when we went behind you had his feeling that we would always score one more than the opposition and some of the football we played was the best i have ever seen at Notts.

The Trews have seen their investments squandered but by the same token they have hardly ever given anyone the due time needed in football

1 hour ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

This shower as are no better but sadly it's what we are lumbered with , RM is in the past pal , we need upstairs sorting out asap , been off line a couple hours , how we can go a match day with so much going on and no official statement is shocking really thought a statement would be made today .

Moniz should have got more time and less interference and maybe could have been a success , we'll never know .

The lack of a statement really shows the lack of stability for me.

I reckon we would be walking the league this season of Ricardo was given the time and the staff he wanted...

28 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

I don't blame JS i like you were one of the few that wanted Ricardo to be given the time he deserved. 

If people were neing honest, would those who wanted Ricardo sacked admit they got it wrong? 

The only thing about some fans which annoys me, is those who always call for peoples heads and therefore are always in the right.

I doubt these type of fans would be all that honest, yet every club has their issues with the fickle minority but I would also say that sometimes after very disappointing seasons - managers that disappointed, everyone has a cutting off period. For me, I think the majority who wanted him out probably fall within this bracket (maybe due to his lack of knowledge). Yet Dave Kevan greatly let Ricardo Moniz down.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

1 hour ago, Northants Pie said:

I am the only one who wishes we still had him in charge?

I think Mr Trew certainly got rid far too soon.  Moniz was still a work in progress, he was thrust into the madhouse of League 2 and made both good and bad decisions.  We'll never know whether he would have eventually got things right, but the entertainment value alone should have bought him until the end of that season at least.

@notts-joe Please expand on your quote "David Kevan greatly let Ricardo Moniz down"? I would be interested to hear the whys and wherefores! If anyone who let Ricardo down, it would be Guy?

14 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

I think Mr Trew certainly got rid far too soon.  Moniz was still a work in progress, he was thrust into the madhouse of League 2 and made both good and bad decisions.  We'll never know whether he would have eventually got things right, but the entertainment value alone should have bought him until the end of that season at least.

Moniz did really well for me given that the football played in our country is like no other and all managers who like to play quick attacking football struggle to a varying degree ( even Guardiola ). We'd be thumping teams left right and centre now if he was given the time he should have had

8 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@notts-joe Please expand on your quote "David Kevan greatly let Ricardo Moniz down"? I would be interested to hear the whys and wherefores! If anyone who let Ricardo down, it would be Guy?

The person who let him down the most was Mr Trew by not letting him have the staff he wanted nor the time he deserved to adapt the squad to his way of thinking.

No plan from the top , only idea's , let's see if this works let's see if that works , when a quick improvement followed by sustained progress don't manifest as he at the top envisioned then here we go the axe falls , along comes the next idea or preferred route for success , no sustained effort to make a path work .

Dave Kevan knows the lower tier, yet he did sweet nothing to help Ricardo - he was just there to make numbers up and there are several rumours about Kevan wasn't actually happy in the role.

It's funny, as I recall comments from the Salford game.

Also I'd agree with the comments about Ray Trew letting him down but ultimately he was let down in many departments. Nobody ever talks about the stick and abuse directed at people like Dean Yates - yet Ricardo was outspoken about Guy Branston but not elsewhere.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

It says a lot that people are now discussing the past like it's actually irrelevant now. It isn't and we know who is to thank for the continued problems.

It makes me wonder what they do all week in training , over a period of time you would hope for a measure of improvement surely , working on weaker area's of the teams game and individually also , didn't see any back then , and don't see any at this time either, so who's not doing the job , coach or player ??? 

@Northants Pie @notts-joe I think it is important to point out that Kevan was a Ricardo pick, having been interviewed some time before Ricardo's eventual appointment. I have no doubt that this information is from a reliable source.

7 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Northants Pie @notts-joe I think it is important to point out that Kevan was a Ricardo pick, having been interviewed some time before Ricardo's eventual appointment. I have no doubt that this information is from a reliable source.

I was told by someone that no longer works at Notts that Kevan was selected by the powers that be and was agreed with Ricardo from a very limited pool of potential candidates for the position of Assistant Manager.

Personally I think considering Ricardo likes to work alongside the same staff or near to it - I would question as to why he would choose Dave Kevan.

Only reason for me is that he knew the lower leagues, yet I said back then - I had heard rumours from people that he wasn't happy with the fact that Ricardo would never listen to his advice etc. The same person as whom told me about the limited choice of assistants for the role, went on to say Kevan was extremely unhappy with the position and I think this is where the rumours of Kevan and the training sessions stem from (where he allegedly didn't part take).

Rumours are like wildfire though, you never know but again I would find it odd that Ricardo had spoken to Kevan even before he was interviewed for the position.

I suppose this is all irrelevant now.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I agree that Ricky should have been given until the end of the season at least, and certainly the home form was far better than what came before or after. I'm not sure whether we'd be storming the league with him still in charge though. Many of his signings were poor, defence was an afterthought and results were for the main part disappointing. It's also worth noting that he isn't pulling up any trees in his current job and that his new club have exactly the same dfensive frailties that we had.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

it doesnt matter, time to back john sheridan and for certain fans to quit always blaming on the managers. if we sack john now, people will say the same about him as they are about ricardo.

i dont recall many at the time defending the views of ricardo supporters.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I don't believe Ricardo was given enough time but he is hardly setting the world alight with Eidenhoven (sp?) But we must stick with Sheridan now and learn from our mistakes with Ricardo

Archived