Allan Smith as caretaker...

ivansneck

Alan Smith. Although Allan Smith does sound more managery ;)

The OS again tantalisingly unspecific as to how long this is to last for - "until a permanant manager is appointed", but no hint as to when this will be. Which is understandable with the takeover, but surely with the January window open we need a quick appointment.

I'm a little unsure why we have gone with Alan Smith, does this mean Mark Crossley has also left the club?

I don't see why anyone would want Alan Smith to take charge, it goes against most peoples wishes - experience, knowledge, etc. Players may respect him but I don't know, I don't think its a sensible decision. Looks like we will have a new Notts County under Alan Hardy, from staff to coaches.

53 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Alan Smith. Although Allan Smith does sound more managery ;)

The OS again tantalisingly unspecific as to how long this is to last for - "until a permanant manager is appointed", but no hint as to when this will be. Which is understandable with the takeover, but surely with the January window open we need a quick appointment.

Perhaps I was having a cross between him and Martin Allen!!

No, not worth the risk. One game and that is all.

We need to get a manager in working with this crop of players so we know who to keep and who get rid off. There is little sense in keeping Smith as the manager beyond the first friendly, just my opinion.

I dont aagree with hes played under good managers may have learnt stuff etc etc 

Stevn Gerrard has played under top managers and the premier league his carrer and england an won champions league.

Doesnt mean hel be a decent manager same for smith i hope its one game only and im unsure as to why on every bookies hes odds on for the job before he was announcrd csretaker manager 

On 3.1.2017 at 18:39, Northants Pie said:

Tbh Alan Smith as coach / manager is actually quite an astute move, hopefully some of the managers he has played for (before us....) have passed on their knowledge of the game

It doesn't work like that though. Paul Ince (played under Alex Ferguson), Ian McParland (Sirrel) and Larry Lloyd (Clough) are compelling evidence of that.

3 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

There are plenty of examples to the opposite, Zidane, Capello, Guardiola, Conte

These all had the ability and attitude to see-out their career at the very top.

Being a great player doesn't make you a manager, it helps with the understanding and concept of managing but ultimate you have to have something about yourself. Darren Ferguson must have spent time around his father, he's made a career out of gaining favours from him but ultimately he's just a decent lower league manager.

It's about peoples attitude, desire and ability to learn from mistakes.

On 03/01/2017 at 14:28, DangerousSausage said:

i assume this is because the media wonder who would want the position.

4 hours ago, Modern Notts Fan 🔥 said:

Zidane is coachin one of the worlds richest footballing clubs and have everythin in place how would he do with a burnley side 

Likewise how would Sean Dyche do with the worlds best players?

Many of the worlds so called best have failed massively where he is succeding, its not just about having a good team, we were the perfect example of this in the Munto season, we had a very good side that did not a lot until Steve Cotterill took the reigns

Archived