Transfer Window Closed

TheCalFoster

Now with the transfer window closed until the end of the summer. (Yes I know we can still sign free agents) Who out of the new signing do you think will shine the most? 

For me it's Jorge Grant seems like a good player who will provide some energy and enthusiasm to a midfield that is just starting to look half decent. But Bola is someone who excites me just for the fact he's everything Dickinson is not. Also Yeates could be a little diamond in the rough for us, someone who can cross the ball and pull the strings.

Are you happy with the signings? I'm very happy.

Supporter+

Given the circumstances, I feel AH has done as well as he could. Raw talent in a relegation battle is a huge risk though. I expect Ameobi will sign and he should get goals. Notts should have enough to avoid the drop, but it will be closer than a lot of people think. Leyton Orient and Newport will go down I reckon.

@Dripsey3 AH and KN have done wonders in the few days they've had to work with.. Just hope these youth players aren't like the youth Derry brought in.. Ameobi should get us goals but I bet Fleetwood was saying the same and then he scored 1 in 10, hopefully he has a better strike rate if he signs for us.. 

@Who r ya?? You Pies!! agree with you 100% it's been a good deadline day, really happy with the signings, they all should give the team a new lease of life.

Really impressed. Campbell comes from West Brom so he'd have been recommended by Russell Hullett, the new academy manager (who's definitely got pedigree). Marc Bola has impressed in the Arsenal youth teams and is supposed to enjoy bombing forward and also has a good shot on him. He might a need acclimatising though as he has no first-team experience (not to mention League Two is basically Mean Machine type scrappy, physical play, compared to playing against fellow young'uns from top academies). Similar with Josh Clackstone - exciting prospect but he'll need to be brought up to scratch quickly in the unforgiving realm of League Two. Jorge Grant I'm probably most stoked about - he's got first-team experience against him and was supposed to have been great against us in yesterday's reserve game. Mark Yeates is also the kind of player we needed - a veteran with loads of lower-league games under his belt, will know the terrain inside out. Oh, and of course Kevin Nolan registering as a player - quality, no-nonsense player back in the day and he can certainly still do a job in L2. Looking forward to seeing him used (using himself?) sparingly from the bench/dugout.

Very few complaints to be fair, especially given how little time we had to actually bring players in. 9/10.

Apart from Yeates, none of them ring a bell with me, but they are only youngsters. While we badly needed fresh blood in the team, loanees expect to be playing, otherwise it's a pointless exercise for them. The idea of having half a new, young team is exciting but I hope it doesn't blow up in our faces - I remember us having what felt like half a team of loanees under Derry and Kiwomya. Here's hoping they hit the ground running and improve the team!

Grant should easily be the best signing, a forward thinking ball carrier who can hopefully be that link between the midfield and forwards that we have been missing since the Irish Messi left. Bola will hopefully bring pace to the back line which we've been sadly lacking and Yeates will bring the dead ball and crossing ability we haven't had for years. 

All in all not too bad a day, as you can see three of them being starters every week. The other two and Nolan you will probably see on the bench more than anything else at a guess. If Nolan can get fit and show that he is still mobile, then he would also be potentially a starter, but not if his legs are like Alan Smith's! 

I just wish we had found a big ugly centre half in the mould of Gary Strodder.

very happy with all the signings.

mark yeates seems to have some class, if he can get the crosses in and time on the ball it would be good. grant in midfield looks a classy little player. the left and cb seems promising and of course nolan can pick himself when we need a bit more quality. delighted with the signings!

Archived