Parent club?

Anti-Red

Would you like to see Notts working with a parent club? Enabling us to get some better youngsters or reserve players into the club.

Hardy recently tweeted that he had challenged the academy to get some higher profile games, which they achieved but I would like to see us networking better with other clubs. Get some quality in and see if this can encourage the crop of talent we have.

7 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Absolutely no way. We should not belittle ourselves and our history by effectively becoming someone else's reserve team.

However, F*rest could always become our feeder team :lol:

Why would it belittle Notts??? I don't agree with the reserve team comment.

Forest have worked with Arsenal and they secured some great players because of that. Spurs worked with Swindon, there are so many that have worked.

Clubs have always had relationships with one another, there have always been managers/chairmen at different clubs who were happy to help each other out. I don't see a problem with that. Notts used to send a lot of players to Kettering because Jack Dunnett was friendly with their chairman, and even arranged to send Don Masson over as manager to groom him for the Notts job.

But a parent/feeder club arrangement sounds more formal to me, which I don't like on an emotional level. Plus a formal arrangement with one club might end us obliging to take on their youngsters instead of those from other clubs.

I'm all for Notts networking and establishing a connection with a Premier League team who may feed us young players.

Provided we had the options to reject (some teams don't allow this) - I don't see it being a problem. We can choose the amount to take in, and although I would echo @DangerousSausage that some teams become lost after the agreement breaks down. As I recall Swindon being nicknamed Spurs reserves, it really depends on the benefits for both parties. Many of Forest signings come from a completely different connection, more related to coaching staff who have a hand in the Arsenal camp (rather than them being their parent club).

Anything that benefits Notts should be considered.

Regarding our own youths, if they are good enough - their chances will come. Having loans barely changes this, I know some will argue but it should encourage players to step up (including those sat on the bench).

If [big if] Notts can establish a connection where we can get the quality like we have seen from Marc Bola, I would not oppose.

Its important that the youth players we have get a chance to get some game time but I dont think we have many close enough to the standard we need. Only other way to get that level needed is to loan or work with another club. It all depends on who and the type of player we may sign.

We need first and foremost   our own truly flourishing youth academy production line to get the hoped for 5 in the squad of home grown talent , to play in our team and to sell for good money to put back into the club, if this becomes a reality then such a link wouldn't be needed , but I also feel a good relationship with several clubs who feel we are a good club to send players to on loan is also essential.

2 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

We need first and foremost   our own truly flourishing youth academy production line to get the hoped for 5 in the squad of home grown talent , to play in our team and to sell for good money to put back into the club, if this becomes a reality then such a link wouldn't be needed , but I also feel a good relationship with several clubs who feel we are a good club to send players to on loan is also essential.

This takes years to achieve.

Having better players not only encourages others to work harder, it helps improve the standard of the squad. If you play against good players you learn from it, having good players come in on loan is the same. Its all about the club is setup.

Archived