I'd love to see us recruit a young striker who has a bit of pace about them, however technically these asset must be there in terms of natural skill/finishing but I feel these are the key factors that would allow us to find our own natural goalscorer without being forced to spend money on a transfer fee.

Does anyone else feel Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi has a lot more to offer us in terms of player development and passing on their experience/knowledge to an upcoming player?

Notts do need more legs up front because Ameobi and Stead don't have the engine to chase things.

If you take either of them out of our game plan we become one dimensional and teams will soon be aware of how to stop us. I think signing any additional striker who can score and compete to start would be a good thing. 

i dont think we will sign a 20 plus goalscorer who is young, esp if they are on a free.

so it makes sense to me that we mentor one. i have seen people saying we should have given gibson a chance but he was more lightweight than nangle and waite combined. we need someone who is physically strong, good attributes and can learn from experience. nolan should know someone young and keen to make their career start.

It would be great if we could get them to mentor a striker but they would need to be ready.

Does Kevin Nolan know any young strikers from Bolton, West Ham or Newcastle? A striker who isn't lightweight and is sort of meaty would be good. Adam Campbell always looked like he could fit in my pocket, as did Aaron Collins.

Archived