Notts have a good opportunity to create a quality side able to push for promotion.

Guest ...

The current situation that Notts are in is very promising. The players that we have signed so far look to be good from others people's opinions. We have a top class owner that has given the manager confidence leading onto the players. We will be able to attract the higher quality players as we are one of the biggest sides in the league. We are looking good so far and the majority of Notts fans are full of optimism for the upcoming season. We could be in for a good season. COYP

I think things are slow now, though as you say it's looking better.

I honestly feel that we will be more 'together' and wanting prove ourselves as a football club, if we could sign a few new players with a lot of weight I think this would convince more fans we are on the right path. It's just a case of keeping focused and pushing those boundaries we set outright.

19 hours ago, Chris said:

if we could sign a few new players with a lot of weight

Don't tell me we're signing Darren Caskey back up again, or are we after Wayne Shaw to replace Collin?!?!

There are still a lot of clubs who have hardly signed anybody, so I'm not too worried about the lack of signings at the moment. I will be concerned though if we start taking on several trialists during pre season, as that will mean we are struggling.

The sooner we actually sign a decent centre half, the more relaxed I will be about the start, but the squad is still woefully short of pace.

19 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Don't tell me we're signing Darren Caskey back up again, or are we after Wayne Shaw to replace Collin?!?!

Perhaps I should have said a bit bulky. :lol:

There's some exceptional talent been released by some of the big Premier League clubs, some I feel we should gamble on and would fit in the absence of Jorge Grant. Just need to find that quality to connect our attacking play.

we need to fill the void and have on paper a strong squad in all departments. i can see us topping up in certain areas via the loan market, i dont mind this if it happens but would hope for grant/bola types arriving.

We currently have a squad of 17 senior players and 4 kids, taking out Nolan, Smith and Edwards as not really being players but coaches to be used in an emergency and that leaves 14. Removing O'Connor leaves us with 13 senior players and 4 kids. The plan apparently now is to only sign another four players, which will take us to 17. I can't see how we can avoid not having at least 3 loans as well, otherwise we will have a side that will never change, no matter how bad they perform.

Archived