Fan/Owner Chairman relationship

As long as I have watched football that relationship between fan and owner/chairman has been somewhat unpredictable or even potentially volatile. 

A healthy exchange of views is always welcome so long as it's respectfully exchanged .

AH seems to be the all doing owner we crave not so long ago , but is it me or is he getting more criticism than plaudits at this time is that euphoric honeymoon period over ? 

Personally I don't expect to agree totally with anyone all the time , opinions matter for sure , hence communities like ours at PoN , to exchange them on , but should it be so divisive or detrimental to that fan/owner chairman relationship ? I don't think so .What do you think people .

Believe me you won't get everyone to agree on the same thing, but respecting each persons opinion is possible.

It's all down to the individual, as these days you will find people who are just plain outright ignorant and because of this will believe themselves to be correct. Therefore anyone else who disagrees is somehow inferior and unimportant.

3 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

AH seems to be the all doing owner we crave not so long ago , but is it me or is he getting more criticism than plaudits at this time is that euphoric honeymoon period over ? 

I think a lot of the negativity stems from how his Twitter account comes across.

I was very disappointed to see two tweets by him yesterday, no matter what - you don't resort to childish behaviour due to disagreeing with someone. If threats had been made (which they hadn't) the best thing to do was to leave things be and move on. Yet it's almost like Alan wants us to accept everything unconditionally, no matter what and this isn't good at all. I mean every fan is entitled to express their views, yet some people aren't able to do this it seems.

Not everything you disagree with in life is negative.

People have a way of seeing things different, which personally I find helpful because it ensures under review that any decision/thought/ or concern is properly thoughtful.

Firstly, you've got the Twitter crowd. Social media is unbelievably negative. It's a magnet for people who want to moan and (especially on Twitter) gain attention and make a name for themselves.

Secondly, there are those of us who are concerned that he is repeating Ray Trew's mistakes - when RT started communicating with fans online many were delighted that he was so accessible. His posts were also often genuinely useful and informative, I remember one thread on another forum in which he explained the salary cap in League Two. But then came the hints about players we were going to sign and petty arguments with fans.

Alan Hardy will know all about this as a Notts fan. However, as a successful businessman he no doubt also has a high degree of self-confidence and believes he can avoid the pitfalls Ray Trew fell into. Looking at it from a distance (I don't read every statement by AH and KN, what happens on the pitch is more important) I don't think he will and sooner rather than later he'll have to leave Twitter.

I like what he's done so far but I don't think I'm alone in yearning for a chairman who keeps us informed but also knows when to stay in the background.

Couldn't agree more @Chris. I've said all along that he should leave things to the Official club channels, but he seems to get a kick out of it and can't leave his Twitter comments well alone.

AH has done a lot of good for the club's backroom staff and facilities, but his relationship with the fans will become fractious if he continues with his snide remarks, just because some of his actions are being questioned. It is as though he is forgetting that although he is the owner, we are his bread and butter.

He has been very bullish about next season from the start, but from what we have seen so far with his new signings, we will be lucky to finish in the top half and that hasn't helped matters.

well has he not deleted several tweets?

i dont mind alan hardy and i think he is certainly trying to please all, but money clearly speaks to him. yet he is a businessman so that is fair. i just dont like seeing him calling out fans on twitter and having ago at people. its not the right thing to do and tbh he comes across silly at times. i think its because he does care though, it must be difficult to balance expectations and to receive a lot of negative reactions.

He's got arsey with me on two occasions for simply expressing my opinion.

The thing is I was not being abusive or direct, I just quoted his tweets and although one was a mistake on my behalf. He does give the impression that anyone who voices the opposite to him will be argued with. I don't like people who use their Twitter following to abuse people either, but overall he has done things which does deserve credit.

If people don't like what he says they shouldn't follow him or read his tweets.

I read very little into things because the problem with reading text online is that it does not provide the full picture or how things are meant, unlike face to face communication.

Archived