Callum Saunders

Northants Pie

He's only 21, if he has pace and can hold the ball up well - I'd gamble on him learning from the current strikers myself. I think Jon and Shola could get anyone who wanted to be successful to learn their game.

Looking at the pictures found on Google though, it would suggest he needs bulking up a bit.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

He's only 21, if he has pace and can hold the ball up well - I'd gamble on him learning from the current strikers myself. I think Jon and Shola could get anyone who wanted to be successful to learn their game.

Looking at the pictures found on Google though, it would suggest he needs bulking up a bit.

As a 4th striker, maybe.

I was hoping for a more established striker to be the Plan B if Stead/Ameobi doesn't work or gets tired. 

Just now, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

As a 4th striker, maybe.

I was hoping for a more established striker to be the Plan B if Stead/Ameobi doesn't work or gets tired. 

Forte can do it given a go and a fair run.

Plus if we sign another midfielder, perhaps Dickinson or someone can go on the wing - this would free up Lewis Alessandra.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Forte can do it given a go and a fair run.

Plus if we sign another midfielder, perhaps Dickinson or someone can go on the wing - this would free up Lewis Alessandra.

The sheer thought of Dicko on the wing gives me nightmares.

On the contrary, it gives Davo from my local every hope he can still play professional football at 37 and 15 stone. 

10 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

The sheer thought of Dicko on the wing gives me nightmares.

On the contrary, it gives Davo from my local every hope he can still play professional football at 37 and 15 stone. 

If Davo saw Callum Saunders he'd be heading down the Lane to sign his pro contract

guys hes young and has not signed, i am unsure why there is so much negativity about him.

people though collins was going to be a waste of time, but he played okay and scored some great goals. some might forget he missed quite a lot of easy chances mind but i would still welcome him back.

He's young, but nothing about his career so far exc ites me. I'll reserve judgement for now, it's only fair.

He's still got to prove himself. We've had a fair few trialists who have impressed against the non-leaguers and then gone missing after that. If we do sign him hopefully it'll be more to do with us wanting to develop him than having to shop in the bargain basement.

Dean Saunders used to be quite a good player, Callum must have gotten something from him. I don't think its a bad thing that he started at Crewe Alexandra either, they can produce some excellent players.

I would say Kevin Nolan sees something in him which he feels he can develop further.

He doesn't seem to be the type of signing that is ready to compete straight a way for a first team place, so I will access firstly if he signs and secondly after he plays a few games. 

Archived