Your top 3 Notts County players for August 2017

Joe Jones

Jorge Grant stands out above all our players.

He's been entertaining to watch, his direct play and goals have really lifted Notts. He's also one of very few who chases opposition players down in an attempt to win the ball back - he clearly likes to have the ball at his feet whenever possible.

Terry Hawkridge is another player who's done very well.

I think it was easy to dismiss him in the early days, especially considering he's just joined the Football League this season - yet he's a tricky player who's very hard working.

--

The third is harder to say, we have quite a few players who do well but are quite inconsistent between games.

--

Shola Ameobi has done very well after thinking, yet he doesn't seem a goal threat despite all his effort.

Some fans have suggested giving him a rest, which seems fair enough but the problem is it shouldn't be ahead of Jon Stead (who's done little to nothing so far). Shola largely links up play, holds the ball and adds a creative link between the strikers and midfield. Most of all he just stop trying to influence the games he plays, which for me deserves praise because it's not easy to do.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Jorge Grant stands out above all our players.

He's been entertaining to watch, his direct play and goals have really lifted Notts. He's also one of very few who chases opposition players down in an attempt to win the ball back - he clearly likes to have the ball at his feet whenever possible.

Terry Hawkridge is another player who's done very well.

I think it was easy to dismiss him in the early days, especially considering he's just joined the Football League this season - yet he's a tricky player who's very hard working.

--

The third is harder to say, we have quite a few players who do well but are quite inconsistent between games.

--

Shola Ameobi has done very well after thinking, yet he doesn't seem a goal threat despite all his effort.

Some fans have suggested giving him a rest, which seems fair enough but the problem is it shouldn't be ahead of Jon Stead (who's done little to nothing so far). Shola largely links up play, holds the ball and adds a creative link between the strikers and midfield. Most of all he just stop trying to influence the games he plays, which for me deserves praise because it's not easy to do.

Exactly my choices too Chris. For the exact same reasons.

Archived