So this is it - Christmas day for many football fans (mostly the neutrals), Judgement Day for some (*cough* Arsenal *cough*), and Thursday for others (mainly those in the lower leagues).

Transfer Deadline Day (summer 2017) is upon us.

It's been a busy window for Notts County, but in terms of final-minute business, it's unlikely that there will be much. Leigh Curtis predicts the possibility of maybe one striker coming in, a Championship player who's not Tyler Walker or George Hirst.

Over to you - who would you like to see come in? Do you expect some surprises to be sprung? Might there be any outgoings?

I hate when the word 'Championship' is dropped, it makes people think we will sign a world beater for this division.

I'm not remotely expecting us to sign anyone, it's more realistic that we will explore the loan market which the deadline doesn't effect as it's open longer. I wouldn't say a loan option would be a bad thing, yet it would highlight that our existing options aren't probably considered good enough (yes I think we need a striker) - but I also believe more players deserve a chance.

There's a chance, very slim that we may sign someone today but I'd be more surprised by this.

I agree @Chris, a Championship player is someone who is actually playing in the Championship. Such a player is not going to join us for obvious reasons.

There are loanees and then there are loanees. A bit more choice up front wouldn't be bad, but isn't that why we signed Saunders? If we're looking for a fourth striker to put ahead of him in the pecking order then his wages would have been better spent on stickers for the Family Stand.

I'm just going to add that I'm not overly bothered that we missed out on signing anyone, it's hard to be without a solid name attached and I do honestly think the existing squad can get the results needed to cement a good position to chase for promotion come January.

As I expected yesterday against Port Vale was slow, and mostly dull but we got the win.

Review the current squad just before January, after which dwindle the numbers down where possible or make it known certain players aren't within the first team squad. Improve and strengthen in January by signing quality and players who would manage to walk straight into the team. If morale stays high enough and we get the results, January could be the point we knock off this 'little old Notts County' tag.

Archived