Sky Sports tips Notts County for League Two title!

Joe Jones

Sky Sports has officially tipped Notts County to win the League Two title this season!

They've run all of the teams through "a system called Elo, originally set up to rate chess players. It takes into account form, who your team still has left to play, and how well a team has done in previous seasons."

This is how the Sky Sports Predictor see the final L2 table:

4152086.jpg

What do you reckon?

Personally I think it's flattering to be held in such esteem by the biggest sports outlet in the world... but at the same time, let's hope there's no "Manager of the Month" type curse at play.

Kevin Nolan is the best manager to tell the players: "yeah that's nice, but no. Ignore and just crack on with your job."

But we as fans can gloat... especially considering who's in last place and how far down Mansfield are!

It's things like this which we should go 'well that's awesome' but really, we just need to focus on each game as they come. I do think it's good, yet it can attach pressure and since we as fans should remain rooted - I just don't think it says much else.

A couple of fans have told me that we've never thrown a way a November lead, again things can change.

I'm quite happy to enjoy the roller coaster but remain positive with regards to where we might finish, facts like these are nice but play no motivation towards me getting carried a way at all.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to know how they come up with this. FGR'S 72% chance of relegation stands out - they are one point behind Chesterfield in 22nd with a game in hand. Yet Chesterfield only have a 12% chance of going down. Really?

Colchester (8th, on 41 points) and Lincoln (5th, 43 points) each only have a 7% chance of making the play-offs, yet Swindon (9th, 41 points) have a 67% chance.

And with us, a 41% chance of winning the league is massive for any team, let alone one that is currently in second and four points behind the leaders. Why, objectively, should our chances be so much greater than Luton's? Hope they're right though ;)

I don't understand it either, the only thing I can think of is who each team has left to play and whether that is at home, or away. Whether it is taking into account current form as well, I have no idea. 

I still think that Luton will win it easily and then there will be a gaggle of teams in, or around the 80-85 point mark. If we get a striker and centre half in and we keep hold of the Forest pair, then I can see us hopefully being just above that.

Archived