Do you think Matty Virtue will be a bigger player for us than Ryan Yates?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I know it's early days, one outing has been had and we didn't really maximise the midfield as much as we could - as by all accounts we just took to bypassing the midfield (not only Notts fans have said this to me).

However, I am hearing and reading positive signs about Virtue and how he looks to be a vastly different payer than Yates is.

It would suggest to me that if Virtue can do more of a defensive job, whilst being more creative on the ball - we should have an excellent replacement on our hands. The only concern I had was the potential he could be bullied or shoved off the ball (due to his frame/size). Yet I am hoping we continue to see what qualities he has, since Liverpool fans highly rate him.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i think so, he seems to have more pedigree about him but its very early to say.

i'm looking forward to seeing him play on saturday, i hope he and the player from palace can be big players for us this season.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Hard to say really. Captaining Liverpool's Under-23s is a pretty impressive stat to have on the CV but he will need to acclimatise to the rough and tumble of senior lower-league football, might take him a couple of games to do so. But hopefully he gets used to it quickly and by February we won't be missing Yates. Definitely a hot prospect though.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Being a bigger player than Ryan Yates was for us is a very high bar to set.  If he gets anywhere close he will be a good addition.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

Ryan Yates wasn't scared of getting hurt in a tackle, which is an invaluable commodity these days. If Virtue is like that and can play a forward pass, then he will develop into some player.

I've not seen him play yet, so can't pass judgement until I have.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

He looks a good player from what I have seen.

There is no question of his technical assets but its a question of if he can perform with less time on the ball in such a demanding division?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

This boy has natural Premier League class. Yates is a workhorse Championship player.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yates attitude and approach to playing means he will be able to go far - provided the chances come. I feel he will always make them work, as that is what happens when you give such dedication to your craft/skill.

I'm hoping Virtue will prove himself a brilliant piece of scouting, the fact he's here alone seems a coup considering his background.

This Saturday is going to be interesting to see him feature.

Archived