Francois Zoko Is Free To Leave.

Chris

NOTTS County have told Francois Zoko he is free to leave.

The 30-year-old Ivorian forward has only played 24 minutes as a sub for the Magpies so far this season.

And he was left out of the first-team squad completely for their last game against Walsall in League One.

He has already turned down a move abroad, but he could still be on his way out of Meadow Lane before the transfer window closes on September 2.

Full Article | Here

For me we're weak in Midfield, he provides good cover and in form he would be hard not to play. I don't understand why we don't try to get the most players ability and the consistency spot on, so that they can take care of themselves from that point on. We just seem to release them and move and it's not always the best option!

Some will be glad, some like me will be disappointed. Life's like this and so if he moves we need to accept it but I just feel we need him right now.

I'm assuming he takes up a large part of the wage budget which could be better used elsewhere (CM).

Goodbye Zoko, far too inconsistent IMO.

I can't see him being near Bish's wages but even so, consistency is something management and of course game time fixes. If the player cares (which I believe he does) he will come good with more game time.

Perhaps he requested more game time?

I don't know, if we let him go we need to be sure about quality can come in.

(Not trying to argue Danny - Just voicing my opinion to what you said buddy)

Think its quite difficult to sell players at this level unless they're young and something very special. Clubs dont have a lot money to spend - you'll notice a lot of transfer fee's for clubs in league 1 will be free or undisclosed.

I dont know what to think about Francois Zoko. I dont think he's been given a fair crack at the whip really. Keith Curle's constant squad rotations meant that no player really had the chance to find some consitency or get a decent run of games, and I think that affected him as he started last season really well.

Also, if you remember the Bury game last seasn when we won 4-1? Chris brought him on at half time and played him up front with someone else (cant remember who) and he netted 2 goals, and looked a cosntant threat. Yet when Zoko asked to be played there more Chris stuck him out on the wing or played him as a lone striker :s

We'll see what transpires. If he moves on, best of luck to him

Bye Bye Zoko.

If we can become stronger from his departure it will be a wise move, however I hope to go it's not a repeat of past mistakes. Regardless of views, Zoko was a capable player and I stand by my comments regarding game time/chances in the squad.

Watch him sign for another rival L1 team and he'll be a powerhouse.

Perhaps he will join us .... we need a striker or two.

We are top of the league for signing and (quickly) releasing players. Perhaps this title will now move to Sunderland.

he would do well with a club that would appreciate him and play him, sad to see him go.

Supporter+

I was genuinely excited when Zoko signed for us and I am sorry it didn't work out for him or us. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Never really worked out for him for a number of reasons - be it the fact Curle played him on the wing, the fact he never got a proper run in the team, service from the midfield, whatever. He came with high hopes and he looked good in his first few games but then he went off the boil and never really recovered. Shame we never got to see what he really was capable of.

Not a big loss though I don't think. There's no point having one of your highest earners not even getting on the bench so its in the best interests of both Zoko and NCFC for him to go. Good luck to him, wherever he goes next

*prepares for him to score a hat-trick against us later in the season*

• 3 weeks later...

Archived