Notts New Anthem?

macpie

Could you imagine this blasting out on our new tannoy before each game.

To the tune "We are The Champions"(Queen)

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes 
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through

We are Notts County, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are Notts County
We are Notts County
No time for losers
'Cause we are Notts County of Meadow Lane😀

2 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

I like this version very much I think definitely this should be our anthem most teams do nowadays so yeah a great choice for a song and lyrics 

Yes it's got that you'll never walk alone quality, i can see the Kop now with their scarfs above their heads, if we had a decent score board we could even put the words up  as the music played,

Just now, macpie said:

Yes it's got that you'll never walk alone quality, i can see the Kop now with their scarfs above their heads, if we had a decent score board we could even put the words up  as the music played,

I think we should suggest this to the club get the song 👍🏻👍🏻And maybe thenscored board 

Supporter+

Don’t forget the lines

”It’s been no bed of roses, no pleasure cruise”

After supporting them for more than 50 years I can vouch for that. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

Sounds about right .. why don’t we give this song a song on Saturday @Fan of Big Tone

I’ll let you start it off, if no one joins in i’ll pretend I’m not with you :joker:

3 hours ago, macpie said:

I would start it lads, but you know what it's like in the Pavis everybody's asleep .   

think it would be good if fans sung something like this mac, it would be good to have something to motivate ourselves before kick off.

12 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I can't see Notts attempting to motivate the players until we are playing well or at least 1-0 up. Nice idea though.

Anthems are not about motivating players, it's about club identity, pride and bringing fans together, another useful thing is to dampen the away support, take the Derby game they got 4000 fans chanting,  just before kick off you whip out the anthem full blast, soon dampens them, i now when i go with Notts (not very often) to the temple of sin they sing "team of trentside" and it sickens me.

I have spoken about this with @Magic magpie, as I know Manchester United sing a song before their games kick off and I have seen several other clubs do the same. I don't know of any in the lower tiers myself, I think clubs probably don't care about it.

Notts County really should give this kind of thing a go.

It would be good to try to lift the spirits before kick off, Derby sang something this past Saturday and then resorted to calling Kevin Nolan.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

I have spoken about this with @Magic magpie, as I know Manchester United sing a song before their games kick off and I have seen several other clubs do the same. I don't know of any in the lower tiers myself, I think clubs probably don't care about it.

Notts County really should give this kind of thing a go.

It would be good to try to lift the spirits before kick off, Derby sang something this past Saturday and then resorted to calling Kevin Nolan.

It would definitely lift the spirit pre game I’ve gone to a few games at stadiums where they do it and it lifts the crowd and it’s fantastic 

Piethagoram i don't want to sound disrespectful to you but Winner Takes It All is definitely a love song,

also We Are The Champions is played at most grounds when people have triumphed at most sports,i remember coming back to Bulwell when we won the play off's 1991 singing WATC in the Royal Oak nearly all night.

Think about it when people hear You'll Never Walk Alone they think of Liverpool fc, i know we don't get on tv much but if people started hearing us sing WATC they will start to associate Notts to that song, how many times have you heard WTIA played at sports venue's

Here are some verses from WTIA, love song,

I was in your arms
Thinking I belonged there

But tell me does she kiss
Like I used to kiss you?
Does it feel the same
When she calls your name?

Archived