Notts V Burton (Jpt)

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Another week is about to begin so time to move on from Saturday and look ahead to the next match. Not exacly the biggest of games, and our JPT record suggests we probably will get beaten but I think this game has taken on some importance given recent results.

I would hope Kiwomya uses this match as an oppurtunity to trial Liddle in midfield with Deano and Manny Smith as the two CBs. And TWO up front!

Would also be good to see the likes of Melvin, Coombes, Thompson, Nangle and Waite given a chance in this game. We will likely be relying on these youngsters at some stage this season so game time will be crucial.

Saying that, this is a game I'd love for us to win simply for the fact that we'll then have 11 days before our next match, and a win would give the fans a little something to smile about before the next game, and at least some cause for optomism.

Burton though are a good side, and given our recent form I predict an away win. People who know me know I'm always optomistic of us winning whatever the situation, but I just think there's such a bad vibe about the place, a lack of confidence in the team that our annual 1st round exit is inevitable. I hope I'm wrong though...

Anyone going? I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a three figure gate to be honest.

COYP

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I honestly can't motivate myself to go to this match, I agree that we will probably lose, there will be very few people attend and there will be more atmosphere on the moon.

I am away for two weeks from Thursday but thankfully won't miss any home matches.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Players should motivate you.

If we lose all hell will break loose, they need to work harder and get their confidence up but this won't happen unless games go our way. Hope they realize that we need to getting momentum, if we lose many more games I see it getting harder to motivate them.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,479
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I'd imagine Burton will bring a decent following with them? I can't imagine too many Notts fans turning up. I think we'll win. We seem to like cups.....

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

If we don't start winning soon it will definitely get harder for the team to pick themselves up. I am unlikely to attend as its hard to motivate myself to spend extra money on games with performances like Saturday. Really hope we can win this one convincingly.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Notts fans and team morale is very low. Burton are no pushovers but Notts have to win sooner or later, now would be a good time!

Wouldnt imagine Burton will bring many at all. If they bring 200 I'll be surprised. Nobody really cares about this competition, especially the early rounds

A scrappy, but much needed 1-0 win for Notts tonight.

Listened to the match on Magpie Player and in the first half we souned very impressive. We didn't allow Burton to settle. We played with purpose, intent and desire, and really could have had more than 1 goal to show for our efforts. The one thing I would pick on would be the number of times a ball went into the are and Colin said "noone on the end of it". Calum McGregor, who sounded very impressive once again hit the winning goal from outside the area 5 minutes before half time.

The second half we completely different. Burton appeared to throw everything at us and we were hanging on grimly at times, but Bart didn't have to make a serious save until late in the game. Sounded as if Burton missed a sitter from close range in added time too.

A good result nontheless. Burton Albion are a very strong side and given our injury crisis, that win is very good - a league below or not.

Hopefully that'll give us a bit of a platform to build on, and now the 11 day break before our next fixture could be a blessing in disguise as it gives us time to re-group and hopefully nurse a few players back to fitness.

The league fixtures don't get any easier though. Next up is Milton Keynes Dons away, who are unbeaten, followed by the re-arranged game against Leyton Orient on the Tuesday night who still boast a 100% record.

As for the JPT - the second round draw is on Saturday morning live on Soccer AM and we can draw any of the Northern teams who won tonight.

So we could draw:
Hartlepool, Fleetwood, Port Vale, Crewe, Oldham, Sheffield United, Wolves. Also some of the sides who got byes such as Mansfield, Rotherham, Carlisle, Morecambe or Rochdale. Whoever we get, it's going to be a tough draw!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Glad you got a morale boosting win, even if it was the Micky Mouse Cup. Hey, you might even draw us again in the next round?

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Please, no... Not the millers again. We to meet next in the league or we'll end up winning in the cup and losing in the league again.

Glad we won, tried listening but the apps not so good.

• Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Great solo goal from Callum McGregor.

>http://youtu.be/6Txu2Y4qEmY

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

lol

im glad we won but we need to focus on the league.

Archived