Daily chat thread - Thursday 23rd August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning PoN, it’s been raining overnight here but I think it’s stopped now apart from the water dripping on the van from the overhead trees.

The great thing about teenage grandchildren is that although you can’t put them to bed at 7.30 anymore they do sleep in, it’s now nearly 9.30 and they’re still in their pit, so we get a lie in too, unlike with our youngest grandchildren who are up at 6.00am bouncing about. 

A great day yesterday we went to the seal sanctuary and only paid for two adults as we had a voucher for bogoff, a lovely place where you can see rescued seals being fed, amongst other critters, lots of interesting things to look at including some fish wearing football kits, see the other thread in the Jimmy Sirrel Stand section of the forum.

Have a great day everyone, let PoN know what you are up to.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I think i'm supposed to be picking up eldest grand-daughter Alicia, she likes to be out and about, her younger brother Adan, is a stay home kind of person, might have a run up to mums, see if she wants a hand with anything. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I have work from 12 until 7ish, longer shift today and I'm not looking forward to it.

I have just caught up with PON.

Now I'm going to relax a little before I have to head out. :) 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have a therapy session today, then I'm going to the cinema with my family.

Busy day but I've got to have some down time because I'll go mad otherwise. I'm nervous about the start of my day, yet excited about going to the cinemas. Tickets have been booked in advanced and it's time to see the clock count down.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Going to nisbets to get some more stuff and business work. Making some dummy dishes doing Pon posting and I think watch football tonight 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Irish National Heritage Park today. 

Absolutely lovely to walk around and look at all the different exhibits set out over a massive park and marshland area. Some breath taking views.

Hopefully got some good pics. Also very impressed with the centre for dealing so well with Ben. They kept a mobility scooter on the side for him and charged us the princely sum of €5 for the day. After being given the guided tour of this is forwards and this is backwards! Left to it.

In England we would have spent hours filling in forms, doing health and safety talks and leaving a £200 deposit in case you decide to run off with it!

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Irish National Heritage Park today. 

Absolutely lovely to walk around and look at all the different exhibits set out over a massive park and marshland area. Some breath taking views.

Hopefully got some good pics. Also very impressed with the centre for dealing so well with Ben. They kept a mobility scooter on the side for him and charged us the princely sum of €5 for the day. After being given the guided tour of this is forwards and this is backwards! Left to it.

In England we would have spent hours filling in forms, doing health and safety talks and leaving a £200 deposit in case you decide to run off with it!

Sounds a good day 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Stressful day sorting out things around the home.

Moving things and then moving them again, putting things up and taking other items down. It's finally been finished and I could sleep forever right now.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Helped @GrannyPie to Strelley Health Centre for her Podietry (what happened to Chiropody) appointment.Other than that nothing  much to report.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

15 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Good morning PoN, it’s been raining overnight here but I think it’s stopped now apart from the water dripping on the van from the overhead trees.

The great thing about teenage grandchildren is that although you can’t put them to bed at 7.30 anymore they do sleep in, it’s now nearly 9.30 and they’re still in their pit, so we get a lie in too, unlike with our youngest grandchildren who are up at 6.00am bouncing about. 

A great day yesterday we went to the seal sanctuary and only paid for two adults as we had a voucher for bogoff, a lovely place where you can see rescued seals being fed, amongst other critters, lots of interesting things to look at including some fish wearing football kits, see the other thread in the Jimmy Sirrel Stand section of the forum.

Have a great day everyone, let PoN know what you are up to.

Been to the seal sactuary a few times over the years.I seem to remember @GrannyPie having some pet food nicked off her by a greedy goat including the bag the food was in.

By the way @Fan of Big Tonewhereabouts is your site ?

Archived