Notts v Northampton .. can we continue to build on the momentum and positives we have built.?

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So it may only have been a 3-3 draw at the weekend against Stevenage  and sources close to the club say that Harry wasn’t happy with the result.

But I think that we started to build positives the out field players played so well .. we didn’t give up we lead three times and played there best all season. 

My question is can build on the positives and the momentum that we have started to build up. 

It may be only one game but for me a A great game and the Northampton game I think may just be the first win of the season and I’d we build on it and put a good shift in.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

I fail to see how Harry can be happy after scoring 3 goals at home and then hanging on for a draw ! He’s bound to say the right things to the media but he can’t be happy with that.

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

You can't be happy with conceding 3 goals, especially after signing more defenders. I feel his hands are tied with regards to the main issue which we know as being the Fitzsimons matter. His confidence isn't there but neither is the budget to replace him I am afraid.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Just now, upthepies said:

You can't be happy with conceding 3 goals, especially after signing more defenders. I feel his hands are tied with regards to the main issue which we know as being the Fitzsimons matter. His confidence isn't there but neither is the budget to replace him I am afraid.

I’m sure the budget isn’t the issue. Would be really, really stupid to say no to a new keeper having spent so much so far this season. I would guess Crossley is saying good things about Fitz and Kewell is keeping him on in an attempt to rebuild his confidence. 

I would guess more likely to be no decent options out there that they fancy.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The improvements have to continue, the team has to look at reducing the goals being conceded. What I think should happen is Jon Stead as the captain should speak to the defence and keeper about what's happening.

Pass no blame but try to get them to unite as a unit.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

3 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

I’m sure the budget isn’t the issue.

Reported over £700k over budget, this was before the new signings in defence.

I think the budget is the issue.

A keeper is most likely wanting to earn more than Fitzsimons, which would make me wonder if Ross is unhappy about his wages as I assume he's nowhere near the 13 highest earners within the squad. Stead, Dennis, Boldewijn, Hemmings, Vaughan, Duffy, Tootle, Hewitt, Alessandra, Ward, Brisley, Jones etc are probably on higher salaries. The club may have taken a gamble on Fitzsimons as a low earner to build a squad in front of him.

He was signed as a backup keeper to Collin after all who departed allegedly due to being one of the highest earners.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I wouldn't be happy as the manager, if I had the issue I would be straight onto the phone exploring my options.

Then again, I would have the useless Pindroch as the backup keeper in the first place.

It's amusing how we was worried about an 'injury' rather than poor performances, we I know I touched upon it but still the main concerns was injury or suspension with Fitzsimons. I don't think we have the budget for a keeper, the stadium rights suggest this and the fact that it was probably seen to be more important to strengthen the defence. I am not sure there's much else that can be expected.

@TheSkipper makes an interesting argument.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Some very good and interesting points made lads. I think we need to continue to improve this weekend still so much to improve on.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

On 18/09/2018 at 23:11, TheSkipper said:

Reported over £700k over budget, this was before the new signings in defence.

I think the budget is the issue.

A keeper is most likely wanting to earn more than Fitzsimons, which would make me wonder if Ross is unhappy about his wages as I assume he's nowhere near the 13 highest earners within the squad. Stead, Dennis, Boldewijn, Hemmings, Vaughan, Duffy, Tootle, Hewitt, Alessandra, Ward, Brisley, Jones etc are probably on higher salaries. The club may have taken a gamble on Fitzsimons as a low earner to build a squad in front of him.

He was signed as a backup keeper to Collin after all who departed allegedly due to being one of the highest earners.

With Kevin Nolan suggesting that Adam Collin was released against his wishes, it would suggest to me that there may be some truth in this.

Archived