Who remembers this?

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Maybe we should have kept it since the present scoreboard doesn't work any more.

For those that don't remember or are too young the letters corresponded with letters printed in the programme for matches being played e.g. Liverpool v Arsenal might be letter A, there used to be a man up there who's job it was to put the numbers to tell us the half time scores so Liverpool were winning 1-0 he'd put a one on the left hand side of the window marked A and a 0 on the right hand side.

Of course the Notts fans always wanted to know the Florist half time score so when he got to their score he used to have a little game, if it was 2-0 for instance he'd put the 2 up and keep swapping it to keep us guessing whether Florist had scored two or the opposition had.

1991-02-16Scoreboard.jpg

Loved this old thing. I used to go up and help with the letters and numbers when old enough and before that, the primary reason for buying the program was to decifer the codes and see who was doing what.

It was this scoreboard that kept me in the kop for many years and I only moved off the kop when we removed it.

Feeling very old tonight!!!

before my time and i dont remember if notts actually had a working scoreboard before the one that the trews purchased. i remember feeling excited and pleased to see that arrive, its a shame its turned out to be a waste of money but it was good whilst it lasted.

Archived