Players to take responsibility?

KB1862

Having read Alan Hardys recent comments on reasons why he sacked Harry Kewell has brought up some interesting talk. 

He stated that in 2 games we played well but didn't get a result, those being against MK Don's and Swindon. While the MK game was down to a poor refereeing decision, the Swindon game was down to poor goals once again. 

Nolan had the talk and often gave the team a rollicking for bad performances which was a main feature during the start of the season and Harry Kewell talked a good game from the start in the post match interviews.

Having said that, Hardy accepted that we played well in both games we lost v MK and Swindon. If Kewell had the team performing well then the question should be are the players to blame for both managers being sacked? and should they take some of the responsibility? 

The problem is with this squad about taking responsibility is that they're no leaders. So for example if Elliot Hewitt a player constantly in the firing line decides to speak out then he might be afraid of losing his place. I think the players are sometimes afraid to speak out and admit their actions on the field. 

I think there is just a small minority of players that would speak out and say 'This was on us' or 'We just were not good enough today'.

Interesting point though @Bainbridge NCFC and it's something that must be done soon if this form continues.  

The players have been playing however they want since the end of last season, nolan or kewell were able to get a gamr on track so a more experienced manager is needed to get them to follow instructions properly but part of the blame is clearly on the players.

It comes from the board down, we can't point the finger or start blaming people. The players are lead, for me it's more to do with incorrect decisions. I'm not defending the players, but they have a job to do and I know it's poor.

I just feel it comes from the board down, the good feel factor has long gone.

It's becoming toxic and we'll never do well if we can't see beyond the knee jerk reactions. I want the club to survive, unity helps and right it seems rather pathetic.

Archived