Swindon Town Vs Notts County

BradtheMiller

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Good luck Pies, you're gonna need it. Swindon murdered us 4-0 at our gaff today, I was very impressed with em, but we made em look like Barcelona, we were that bad!!!!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I must say i was very surprised when I saw this score.Not the fact you Millers lost at home but the score line.Just put it down to an off day.Was anyone missing or was it just that bad?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We were utter tripe mate!!!

Nice to see another early morning poster on here Brad.

I was surprised when I saw your result too, I'm a bit worried about our game with them now.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

My jaw dropped, I'm still struggling to get it back in place.

That says how surprised I am, not taking anything from Swindon I thought the millers form would see them through this and to be dubbed 4-0... Oh dear, If this happens to Notts it will send some into panic stations.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

We have been playing good football this year but whilst strong at home had picked up only one away point at MK Dons.

Away performances, apart from Shrewsbury, were however promising with single goal defeats at Peterborough, Wolves and Preston.

Our team is young, generally inexperienced and still gelling as a unit.

An interesting weekend coming up with Notts at Swindon and Rotherham playing MK Don.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Hopefully, MK boss Robinson will have fewked off to Bramall Lane by then causing massive disruption in their preparations!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Setting off for Swindon this afternoon. Hoping to get there early and grab something to eat in town before heading off to the ground.

Been looking forward to this game for a few weeks now. Shame it's on a Friday night, but I'm sure it'll be a good night whatever the result. I'm confident we can come away with something if we carry our form from the last couple of matches through to tonight. mIt's tough to call. Swindon didn't have a break and as such havent had as much resting time, but could that work in their favour with us having had a week off and possibly losing our rythem? Who knows.

COME ON YOU PIES!!!!

Supporter+

Hey Weymouth, forget the first half and stay in the pub, just get in the ground for the second half and we'll win 5-4. :biggrin:

I'll be listening on Magpie Player, I've paid for wifi on the campsite we are on, it was £2 for 24 hours, well worth it I thought.

Come on you Pies.

Supporter+

Sounds like we were thoroughly outplayed, had Haynes scored the pen things could have been different but as it was we were beaten by a far superior side on the night.

Need something from Gillingham now.

• Content Count:  486

Disappointing night. Notts displays seem to vary between sparkling & inept with very little in between. The inconsistency is a major issue because any momentum & confidence gained seems to evaporate before it can have any real effect - and we start all over again.

Every game is critical now but Gillingham is looking like a real watershed fixture. It would be good to face Preston on the back of a good display - either way, it is going to be a long, hard winter.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

It's difficult to understand where it's all going wrong. Pity we agreed to change it to a Friday night. If we can't put together a string of good results then we will struggle to survive in this league. Dumbaya can do some good things when attacking but can't seem to defend! People who went talk about players body language. It almost seems sometimes certain players don't want to play! Im not even going to say sack the manager because I'm so fed up with it all. :(

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I felt the game would go the way it did, for me we needed to change formation. The current setup is all about "attacking", importantly not really 'holding' the ball up. If we tweaked slightly, so we had a few players who could hold the ball and frustrate Swindon - Whilst making sure the flanks had an hard time, they would not have dominated so much. I believe the key against sides like Swindon is to hold play and counter attack, not just going at them but sensible football. If we kept to having the majority of breaks or chances, it slowly would have turned into our favour.

Rather than being caught at the back by a gifted goal, something we've seen a lot already.

Bart for me is invaluable, we can't sell him. The difference between floating in games is him, yes he's had a couple of games where he's missed kicked etc but everyone's going to do this and unlike other players, Bart rarely ever costs us the game.

Swindon took to their chances, once their first goal went in. They slowly took the spirit out and by time the second goal went in, it was looking all set for them and yet a chance for us, coming from a penalty. I think it's harsh to blame Haynes for missing - Yet my question is how weak are we at the back? The response from CK is that we gifted them the goals, I suppose he's going to hint that we aren't clinical enough like he did after Carlisle.

That being another game we lost due to defensive errors.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

Very disappointing.

It hurts to say this, but last night was the first time I've left a Notts County match thinking what a waste of money. £25 & £18 for mine and my mums match tickets, ten quid to park a car, plus petrol money and getting something to eat in town, it soon adds up. And those players turned out that pile of....

For the first 10 or 15 mintues we were actually the better side. We played some neat attacking football, put some great crosses in and forced some good saves out of Foderingham.

But we gave away two really awful goals. Swindon showed us how to attack properly all night long. When they got the ball they turned and ran at us in numbers and at speed. They got plenty of bodies in the box and werent afraid to get their shots away.

We on the other hand passed the ball around in our own half, before eventually passing it all the way back to Bart who would then kick it forward for their defenders to win. We hardly won anything in the air all night. On the rare occasions we did get into Swindon's defensive third we seemed to stop on the edge of the area not really having a clue where to go from there.

So their first goal comes from a corner which was won thanks to nobody stopping a run down the wing. The man on the back post should have cleared it but seemed to dissapear. It wasn't as though Ranger had a great height advantage either.

The second goal comes from another run that isn't stopped, and Dumbuya puts in a mindless tackle to give away a very soft penalty. It was blindingly obvious that their lad was just waiting for the slightest bit of contact so he could go down, really silly challenge, but the run should have been stopped a lot lot sooner.

Once the second goal went in half the team lost interest. We struggled to string two passes together for the rest of the night, and the second half was nearly all Swindon. If it wasn't for Bart making countless incredible saves, and some poor finishing from Swindon, it would have been a Rugby score. Speaking of Rugby, Danny Haynes must have been practicing his kicking this week, as his pathetic penalty effort was more remeniccent of a Johnny Wilkinson try conversion than a penalty at a football match. I'm not joking you, I knew he'd miss if as soon as he stepped up. He looked totally disinterested all night and very sulky. He made absolutely no effort to track back or get to loose balls, and seemed to be willing to let everyone else do the leg work, not that many of them did.

We didn't deserve anything out of last night's game but in the end two really, very, unforgivably sloppy goals cost us, and had the game been 0-0 when we won the penalty you never know, Haynes might have scored it. But it's all ifs buts and maybes isn't it?

We lost, and we deserved to lose by a far greater margin. I still enjoyed the night, always good to see old friends and have a laugh, I make the most of the few Notts games I'm able to get to. But last night really was a real let down. And those of you who know me well know how hard I try to not be negative about things.

Sorry, rant over.

What a let down for you and your Mum and indeed all Notts fans.I wonder if any Notts players will read your account of the match and realise how much they are letting the fans down.

Danny Haynes tweeted this a few hours ago:

"I apologise for my display last night. Not acceptable. Not only to the fans that travelled but to the players as well"

Pleased to see he's man enough to apologise for a woefull performance. I hope he can make up for it at Gillingham on Tuesday night. It's early days and I wouldnt refer to Tuesday night's game as a relegation six pointer in October, but it is now a massive game for both clubs. Defeat for either side would be a major blow

Supporter+

Nice to see him make a public apology but actions speak louder than words, the best thing he can do is make up for it on Tuesday by banging somw goals in and helping us to a much needed win.

May I say that I think you are a little harsh regarding the Pies performance on Friday and perhaps should consider that you were simply outplayed on the night.

Three of us went on Friday night and were of the unanimous view that you tried to play good flowing football and this contributed to an open and enjoyable football match.

Your defence was under constant pressure from Nile Ranger, who but for personal problems would be probably playing in the Premier League, and Danny N'Guessan. Alex Pritchard was supporting the strikers : Nathan Byrne and Massimo Luongo went forward as often as possible. Both full backs were pushing forward throughout the match. 

Swindon Town's ethos is to play total football and the entire club has bought into this. We have a virtually new team after the chaotic excesses of the previous manager had to be drastically addressed.We have developed a good relationship with Tottenham Hotspur which has enable us to sign two players and have three class loanees. Others gave been picked up from various sources but have been selected because they fit in with the "master plan".

I do not know a lot about Notts. County's structure but suspect that we are further along the path than you. I hope you keep playing football and I am sure the tide will turn for you.

We were also unanimous in agreeing that Bart was Man of the Match. Some of his saves were breathtaking and we had a much better view than yourselves.He would have saved the penalty had it not been struck just inside the post.

Do not be too despondent Wemouthpie. I can't help with ticket prices but can show you where you can get secure parking for £5 just three minutes from the ground.

Best wishes to all.

How nice to have such balanced views from an opposition fan.I hope this helps  Notts fans in some small way.Thanks Mickey.

Thanks Super Ram.

I think we should often give more credit to opponents if they outplay us. I will give credit to a team that is set up to cancel out our strengths provided that they show the desire to win and not just kill the game.

Archived