Notts ticketing system - check your accounts

DangerousSausage

The day before the Cheltenham match in November I decided to enter battle with our online ticketing system so I could beat the queue at the ticket office. I tried all three of my bank cards and failed - each time the system loaded for what felt like an eternity before issuing an error message. As a last resort I tried my dad's credit card (with his consent) with the same result. I gave up and bought my ticket at the ground instead.

Why am I telling you this? Today my dad's credit card was billed by the club for 20 pounds for a ticket I never received! I'm embarrassed to say the least. Not only was no ticket sent, I never received confirmation of any kind. I've written to the club and hopefully they'll sort it ASAP. Paying once to see that rubbish was bad enough!

If any of you have tried to use the old Medoc ticketing system but had the same problem with payment, I urge you to check that no money was withdrawn for tickets you didn't receive.

Likewise I always pay in cash, I once was charged three times the amount of my season ticket and I don't feel it was an accident. It took me awhile to get refunded despite promises that it wouldn't be longer than a week. This caused me no ends of problems but thankfully in comparison to this past year, it seems easy enough to manage now.

I would always encourage people to check what goes out.

Shops do it all the time too, they charge you twice or for items you never even scanned.

The club got back to me pronto and the money has been refunded - no quibbles, no problem. Can't fault them at all, very good service.

All the same, there was clearly a problem with the old (pre-Ticketmaster) ticketing system, so anyone reading this who had a similar experience when trying to buy tickets ought to check their accounts.

I always check my account for everything that goes out but there are many people that don't, so its great advice to check. I have been charged twice for using my card in the clubshop before so it can be a similar problem there too.

On 03/01/2019 at 19:13, DangerousSausage said:

The club got back to me pronto and the money has been refunded - no quibbles, no problem. Can't fault them at all, very good service.

All the same, there was clearly a problem with the old (pre-Ticketmaster) ticketing system, so anyone reading this who had a similar experience when trying to buy tickets ought to check their accounts.

It shouldn't really happen.

Just imagine the money that could be taken without the knowledge of the buyer, if this issue is a common one they could have some serious problems.

Archived