Talking Gaming

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's interesting how far game consoles have come, especially since my childhood (Super Ram said the same thing). LOL

Does anyone here dabble in gaming at all?

I don't really have the time as much as used to, although when I am my laptop I do tend to play Football Manager 2013. I play Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and several other games on my phone (when bored). I have a PS3, which PES 2013 and Dead Island are among my favourite games.

Also, I enjoy playing board games but @super_pie tends to cheat!

What about you?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I play solitaire on my phone which is quite addictive but nothing else really.

I keep getting invited to play those games on Facebook but when I click on them it says something about wanted to use all my details etc., that scares me so I don't bother.

I used to enjoy playing board games years ago, things like monopoly, totopoly, cluedo, backgammon etc., but not so much now.

When we went to Spain in June with our son and his family we used to put the kids to bed and play contract whist which he taught us to play and is quite easy once you get into it. Years ago we used to play things like cribbage and solo whist with my parents, just to make it interesting we used to play for a few pennies.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I play a load of games that Joe loaded onto my mobile and board games including Trivial Pursuit.

I play solitaire on my phone which is quite addictive but nothing else really.

I was going to say, if it was on a pc or laptop I would have thought @super_ram posted this.

I keep getting invited to play those games on Facebook but when I click on them it says something about wanted to use all my details etc., that scares me so I don't bother.

It's poorly worded Tony - They cannot see your information about you, they cannot directly post on your wall (unless you choose to do so). Really all it's asking for is to be able to share the game levels and things, as and when you choose. I don't really know why Facebook's default template is used so commonly with third party games.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Since Joe loaded Plants v Zombies ,I play that a lot and solitaire.We used to play a lot of different  card games at my grandparents when I was young  and in the pub when I was older with my mates.

• Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I'm behind in gaming.

I've got a PS3 but havn't used it in months. Only buy Fifa anyway :lol:

I play age of empires 2, which was released in 1999. 

I play football manager aswell, but still on FM2012 :lol:

I refused to purchase FM 13, I didn't like their improvements and even 2012 annoyed me with how much they kept bogging it down. It became more about spending 3 days to plan for one game, I like having options and details but I like value for my time more. I kept to playing FM 12, I don't really recall why I decided to buy FM 13 but my heads telling it was due to them changing the a couple of options, which went from mandatory to optional.

I used to play Civilization a lot when I was younger, loved it when it came out on PS One and got addicted to it via PC.

DOS (old windows) used to have some great games, I miss USM and Transport Tycoon but the latter was harder and no matter what you did, you would always lose out on income before you profited which meant often enough the game ended early.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We used to play a lot of different  card games at my grandparents when I was young  and in the pub when I was older with my mates.

You've just reminded me Super, I used to play 3 card brag with my mates, we used to play in our lunch hour from work and on the train going to Notts away matches (yes I did used to travel away in those days). We would play for money and it was quite skillful because you had to be able to "brag" as the name suggests and make your opponents believe you had a better hand than you really did.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

My grandad taught me to play brag.He also told me never play with strangers.Good advice when money is involved.

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

We didn't have a family computer till i was in my teens and i kept playing card games along with a few others that came with it. As for game consoles i never had one of my own just used to play on my brothers when they let me occasionally. Now i don't play on the ps3 much, but when i do i tend to play sonic games or the older crash bandicoot downloaded from the playstation store(originally on ps one)

I do play candy crush on my laptop and my phone. I play other games on my phone occasionally too.

Jake on the other hand hes always hassling us to go on all types of electronics.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

@Super_Danny_Allsopp Have you seen that the HD version of Age of Empire 2 is on steam for only £3.50 (If you buy it within the next 4 hours!).  Lets you play it at a proper resolution and I think it has better online functionality etc.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

You should have a steam account too if you are playing FM12

I'm behind in gaming.

I've got a PS3 but havn't used it in months. Only buy Fifa anyway :lol:

I play age of empires 2, which was released in 1999. 

I play football manager aswell, but still on FM2012 :lol:

• Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

@Super_Danny_Allsopp Have you seen that the HD version of Age of Empire 2 is on steam for only £3.50 (If you buy it within the next 4 hours!).  Lets you play it at a proper resolution and I think it has better online functionality etc.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

You should have a steam account too if you are playing FM12

Ah, wish id seen this yesterday. Im away on travels atm, so wont be able to get it until I return.

Cheers for the heads up though :)

Ah, wish id seen this yesterday. Im away on travels atm, so wont be able to get it until I return.

If you are any good with steam, you can add a game to your wish list and I believe it notifies you when that game is on sale.

If I see it on sale again, I'll let you know

• 2 weeks later...

@Super_Danny_Allsopp It's £3.74 on steam at the moment! Finishes in 22 hours

I'm under the impression I can pay for it now and download it later, is that correct @Cobby ?

Yup, that is correct. It gets linked to your account and you'll be able to download it and play it as many times as you like, just as long as you are logged into that account. I'm tempted to buy myself a copy too

I'm under the impression I can pay for it now and download it later, is that correct @Cobby ?

Yes, you keep your games. They get added to an uninstalled/inactive area of your account :)

Mines backlogged with FM series lol

Yes, you keep your games. They get added to an uninstalled/inactive area of your account :)

Mines backlogged with FM series lol

Mine currently has 309 games  :lol: And not all of them currently installed

A-side from FM from 07 to 013, I've only got Left for Dead 2 - Zombie Driver and two Worms games (Cheeky's).

Majority of my games are on the PS3.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333

My first computer console was the famous Atari 2600. Then loved the lemmings. Once i purchased a laptop in 2001, i fell in love with roller coaster tycoon.

Board game are my passion i attend weekly to the following cafe; http://www.monopolatte.com brillo.

Not a very good card player: Fish, chase the ace, black jack. :( sorry

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Wow. An old topic, but an interest to me.

I used to play on a pc quite regularly, like others have said, footy manager etc. I also played alot of Age of Empires like someone else said. In fact to those asking where the name came from, well theres your answer. I used to be very good and played in a team to represent the country against USA players, I think i got to 4th in the world as a player! since then got married, two kids and a life!!

Now I only really use my laptop to play occasionally. Train simulator is a relaxing hour if you have the time and trains interest you.

The only regular game is now on the xbox, being the call of duty series. Currently on the ghosts game at the mo.

My first computer console was the famous Atari 2600. Then loved the lemmings. Once i purchased a laptop in 2001, i fell in love with roller coaster tycoon.

Board game are my passion i attend weekly to the following cafe; http://www.monopolatte.com brillo.

Not a very good card player: Fish, chase the ace, black jack. :( sorry

On PS1 (I believe) I used to play Theme Park, although I preferred Roller Coaster Tycoon because it was more detailed and I liked building big rides etc - Theme Park was interesting but you would run out of rides with that and soon have to resort to adding rides which didn't match your theme! I used to divide areas in RCT and I also like Transport Tycoon Deluxe but that was very hard.

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i sometimes play football manager not very often. i dont really use my ps3 all that much, i only own about 30 games.

Archived