W/CAM Cal Roberts
W Elisha Sam
W/RWB Aaron Nemane
CAM/ST Ruben Rodrigues
ST Kyle Wootton
ST Kairo Mitchell
ST Lewis Knight
ST Tyreace Palmer

Good versatility within the squad with several players able to play different positions. Also a very flexible team and if we have to adapt mid-game and switch formation, I am sure we will do so, just fine.

I think Burchnall and the coaching staff will help develop the new signings and the other young players into better players. Francis, Vincent, Knight, Nemane, Tyreace and Mitchell to name some. Really looking forward to this season, probably more than any other season before. The whole positive atmosphere around the club is the best I've known it before the start of a season. The connection between players, staff and fans is excellent.

Still look to be a CB and GK short. I would like to see Brooks go out on loan until Christmas to give him some game time and would like cover for Lacey until he is back, just not convinced it is the right thing to have either Brindley or Chicksen playing there regularly.

11 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

Still look to be a CB and GK short. I would like to see Brooks go out on loan until Christmas to give him some game time and would like cover for Lacey until he is back, just not convinced it is the right thing to have either Brindley or Chicksen playing there regularly.

Don’t think we need a sub goalkeeper seems little point in spending a wage on one imo as Ian doesn’t have one on the bench, felt a bit for Luke Piling last season as he was never really going to get a look in and I expect it will be the same this year. I agree about a centre back though particularly with Laceys fitness issues although both Chicksen and Brinkley did a great job last year.

6 minutes ago, Pie since 89 said:

Don’t think we need a sub goalkeeper seems little point on a wage as Ian doesn’t have one on the bench felt a bit for Luke Piling last season as he was never really going to get a look in and I expect it will be the same this year. I agree about a centre back though particularly with Laceys fitness issues although both Chicksen and Brinkley did a great job last year.

Think the club have said they'll loan out Brooks - with a recall clause should Slocombe get injured.

No keeper on the bench, with Jake Keane as backup if Slocombe pulls up during the warm-up.

Agree we need a CB. 

I think I remember Burchnall saying he would only turn to loans for cover incase of injuries, or if it was the right fit and they thought it was worth doing.

This might have to be the case because of Lewis Knight's injury. I'm absolutely gutted about his injury, as he was just getting up to speed and showing good signs in pre-season and after the signing of Mitchell, our depth up front seemed fine, but now his injury is worse than first thought, we might need a short term loan to cover, whilst he recovers. Imagine he will be back October/November time.

On 06/08/2021 at 22:15, ARLukomski said:

I think I remember Burchnall saying he would only turn to loans for cover incase of injuries, or if it was the right fit and they thought it was worth doing.

This might have to be the case because of Lewis Knight's injury. I'm absolutely gutted about his injury, as he was just getting up to speed and showing good signs in pre-season and after the signing of Mitchell, our depth up front seemed fine, but now his injury is worse than first thought, we might need a short term loan to cover, whilst he recovers. Imagine he will be back October/November time.

Feel massively for Knight as imo this is his make or break year and the last thing he needed was a serious injury. I was also intrigued to see what he could do fully fit and with a full pre season behind him.

I'm happy with the squad, yet I feel it will take the squad time to settle into the formation successfully - once it happens I think we'll click and do well. I just feel at this moment in time we're still weak defensively, mostly due to the formation.

Of course, we might give more focus and attention to meaningful games.

Yet I do feel we might start off a little slowly, I hope I am wrong and Notts starts brightly.

Brooks is now on loan at Worksop Town. Jake Kean is registered as a player if needed. Sounds OK, but Slocombe lacks competition.

What I saw against Solihull looked a fair distance short of being a team - I hope we get a settled team and gel quickly.

It'll be interesting to see where Roberts fits in. As he's really not suited to playing as a wing back, we'll probably see him behind a sole striker, which in turn explains why we're a bit light in terms of centre forwards.

Archived