- Comment on the Richard Montague interview here
- Who should be recruited in January? Read this excellent recruitment doc from member ARLukomski
- PoN member McPie asks have we progressed under Martin Paterson? Join the conversation here.
- PoN member theAnticlough poses a new set of questions about the team, click here.
- Notts confirm Belshaw signing
- 👋🏻 Welcome the newest members of Pride of Nottingham! Drop by and say hello, it’s always great to see fresh faces joining the community. 🫱🏼🫲🏼
- 👀 Check out our activity stream to see the latest content as it happens live. Join in with the conversation on Pride of Nottingham.
- Got thoughts on Notts? Share them and help Pride of Nottingham hit its content target! 🏁
- Reply to and read discussions without leaving your screen. Check out the Pride of Nottingham 'Topic Feed', which brings you all the latest content from our community forum in one place.
Everything posted by Blake
-
Match Discussion: Game 8 - The Shrimps (A)
Morecambe’s defence was incredibly tight, making it difficult for Notts to create opportunities. They performed admirably at the back, but I believe we could have challenged them more. Overall, it was a solid draw, and we need to focus on the positives. Turning what seemed like an impending defeat into a draw was a commendable effort. I’m pleased we managed to secure that late goal, which shows our resilience. Let’s take this result in stride and build on the positives moving forward.
-
Match Report: Notts County Held to a Frustrating 1-1 Draw at Morecambe
It was a good draw. I think we have to accept that and look at the positives. We turned what looked to be a defeat into a draw. So, I am pleased we managed to get that late goal.
-
Match Preview: Morecambe FC Seek Redemption as Notts County Push for Promotion
Good preview. Morecambe played very similar to what was suggested. They made Notts work for chances and defensively they did well. But I thought we should have troubled them more.
-
Jacob Bedeau: 'Facing My Former Club Is Special, but Notts County Come First!'
I really like Jacob Bedeau. I think he’s a very classy defender and works very well with Matty Platt. I like what he said in this article. His words show how Notts has transformed itself.
-
Notts County Sign Ex-Norwich Winger Josh Martin on Short-Term Deal
He looks like a good signing. It might have been him who asked for the short-term deal to keep his options open, but I hope if he does well, we extend his stay.
-
Jacob Bedeau Reflects on Time at Morecambe and Looks Ahead to Notts County's Promotion Push
He’s already been a great player, so calm, and the way he passes the ball to others, like David McGoldrick, is exciting to watch. It’s nice to hear his thoughts on Morecambe, but the focus is on us getting the win.
-
Stuart Maynard: Morecambe clash a stern test as Notts County seek to bounce back
We must believe in and support the lads. Although we all want promotion, every match will be a challenge, but a strong start is crucial.
-
Notts County's Youngest Ever Player: Kameron Muir Breaks 25-Year-Old Record
With the injury worries we have, I hope this performance gives a chance to some of the youngsters like Riley Reynolds. It’s great that Kameron Muir came on as the youngest player, but I hope it means more of our homegrown talent will get chances in league games in the future.
-
Mark Stallard Reflects on Missed Opportunities in Notts County’s 1-0 Defeat to Gillingham
I agree with Stall, but we should also remember that we're one of the league's top teams for scoring, and the players who had good chances aren't strikers. Misses happen, unfortunately, we weren't able to overcome the poor officiating, but the players performed well.
-
Dan Crowley’s Call: Stay Grounded as Notts County Aim for Promotion
I think we need to win games like yesterday’s to have a chance at promotion, but one result doesn’t ruin it. We just have to be realistic and see how the results go. All we can do is give our best and hope the wins come.
-
Match Report: Controversial Offside Decision Costs Notts County in Narrow Defeat
There’s not much I can say that I haven’t already mentioned in the article about Stuart Maynard’s thoughts. I think the positives are that we played well against a good side, created good chances, and still looked like the better team.
-
Stuart Maynard Reflects on Frustrating Defeat Against Gillingham: "We Deserved More"
I thought Notts deserved to get something from the match. Stuart Maynard is right, we had chances, but it just wasn’t our day. I don’t want to complain about the officials, but they were poor.
-
Stuart Maynard’s Optimism: Key Players Return as Notts County Prepares for Gillingham Showdown
It’s good news about the injuries. I’m still worried about Curtis Edwards, but at least we have some players coming back, maybe not for tomorrow, but in a few games' time. I also like how Stuart Maynard is coming across; he’s growing into the role.
-
Match Preview: Unbeaten Notts County Face Gillingham FC’s Resilient Defence in High-Stakes Clash
We’ve been in good form, and I hope we can keep it up tomorrow. Gillingham seem similar to us, as they’ve had injuries but managed them well. I’m not sure if they have a big squad, but I feel we have a good chance against them.
-
Dan Crowley: "My Focus Is on Notts. I’m a Notts County Player."
I understand the worry about other teams being linked to him, but I don’t think we need to stress about his contract. Let him focus on his football, and when he’s ready, we’ll know what his decision is. Fans complaining that he hasn’t signed a new deal or saying he’s going to leave don’t have a clue.
-
Match Discussion: Game 7 - The Gills (H)
Gillingham always seem to think they’ll beat us, and they did last season. I think we made it easier for them at times. I hope if we stay strong in defence, they’ll find it harder, and we can play our usual game. I just want to see Notts work hard and try their best. Winning isn’t as important as the effort.
-
Fact of the day #Notts
It would be great to see this continue for as long as possible. Keeping the winning streak would be impressive, especially if Notts can get through a few more matches. However, staying unbeaten is just as important.
-
Welcome to PON Kate Kilgore
Welcome to PON, @Kate Kilgore.
-
Match Discussion: Game 6 - The Ravens (A)
So many good points have been made about the game. It’s interesting to see them because it shows how we all see the performance differently. The analysis @Piethagoram shared is especially interesting.
-
Welcome to PoN Pica
Hello, @Pica. Welcome to the site and PON.
-
Matt Palmer Reflects on ‘Long Road’ to Returning for Notts County
We're better with Matt Palmer than without him. The stats from last season and before show how important he is, with more wins when he's in the squad than when he's out. I agree with Robbie that Stuart Maynard hasn't rushed Palmer back, which could've easily happened, but I do recognise that Notts are stronger in midfield now. It's great to see Matt Palmer playing over 70 minutes and starting!
-
'Incredible Mentality’: Stuart Maynard Reflects on Notts County’s 4-2 Victory
Notts are performing really well at the moment. Pre-season has been beneficial, but it shows those results don't mean much. Notts need to make this good start count. Going top twice is one thing, but keeping it up over a whole season is tough. I hope we can stay near the top three, but whatever happens, I'm proud of the squad and Stuart Maynard.
-
How Jodi Jones’ Extension Sets the Stage for Notts County’s Future
Credit to the club for sorting it. Even if a future bid is accepted, it shows his commitment to the club, and it's not like players don't leave eventually. I'd prefer it to be done and dusted so he can focus on his football, rather than having it hanging over him. Many fans were hoping for this, and now we have him until 2027, at least on paper. I love Jodi's ability and attitude.
-
Match Discussion: Game 6 - The Ravens (A)
Notts had to adapt to the smaller pitch and its condition. It wasn’t bad, just dry. I think Bromley tried to make it tough for Notts, so credit to them for that. The comeback was even more impressive. Jodi Jones is pure class, but the whole team showed real fight! A very important win, in my opinion.
-
Match Report: Notts County’s Jodi Jones and Dan Crowley Lead 4-2 Comeback Victory Over Bromley FC
It's a real test to come back that strongly. Bromley made it awkward and difficult, but Notts class is what secured the win.