Goals Conceded: 4

Notts County: DLLWWW
Goals Scored: 12
Goals Conceded: 8

Last Time We Met
Saturday 30th November 2013

Notts County 0-1 Brentford FC
Goal Scorer(s) - Grigg (44 min)

Notts County: Bialkowski, Freeman, Sheehan, Boucaud, Smith, Leacock, Campbell-Ryce, Liddle, Haynes, Grealish, McGregor.

Used Subs: Fox (68) and Ball (74).

Brentford FC: Button, McCormack, Bidwell, Douglas, Craig, Dean, Forshaw, Diagouraga, Grigg, Donaldson, Harris.
Used Subs: Saville (55) Logan (75) and Saunders (81). 

http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/the-match-officials-r286' target='_blank'>Match Officials » - http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/topic/1489-brentford-fc-a-will-you-be-attending/' target='_blank'>Attendance Thread » - http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/stat-attack-brentford-v-notts-county-r28' target='_blank'>Match Preview »  

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I recall the home game like it was yesterday, we gave them their goal and Grigg was very lucky. We had evenly matched them, in fact in spells we looked much better but we lacked finishing, however overall it was a defensive error which cost us. I see Bart recently came out and hailed his defence and stated he wanted more of the same, well I have for awhile.

We've been defending much better recently and certain players much braver. I also believe that Hollis is part of this reason, he is always alerting players and making sure gaps are filled.

I'd also point out he partners well with the experienced Mullins, though I have to admit he looks awkward right at the back but he's getting there.

You can really see the difference with the stats, the past three games have made a massive difference. We have gone from 17 goals to 15 and now we've only conceded 8. Our goals have also increased thanks to the hard work and the fact we have TWO forwards on the pitch supporting each other. Spencer and Murray work very well together!

The thing about this game is Brentford is on form, very impressive and they've won a lot of games. I do think we could cancel each other out, so I very much hope we can get a draw. 6 games and only having conceded 4 goals! They've scored 8 aswell.

We also see the return of the referee from the home game against Bristol City, none other than Charles Breakspear.

1-1 is my score prediction.. Yours? Thoughts?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Brentford have had their blip over the last couple of games. I expect them to bounce back on Saturday. 2-1 to the Bees. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I think our form and Confience will pull us through this one.

i'm going for a 1-1 draw to keep our unbeaten run going.

I'll be our home games that decided our fate.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

Brentford have had their blip over the last couple of games. I expect them to bounce back on Saturday. 2-1 to the Bees. 

you never know dripsey, we might surprise them.

i think a lot will go down on if we can score first or at all, i have the belief that we can now defend our leads.

i think a lot will go down on if we can score first or at all, i have the belief that we can now defend our leads.

With the last 3 games to view, i don't think we'll have a problem scoring.

I do believe most people said, once we have a Fit and suspentions over. We'd have a very stron team, and it's paying off now.

With the last 3 games to view, i don't think we'll have a problem scoring.

I do believe most people said, once we have a Fit and suspentions over. We'd have a very stron team, and it's paying off now.

They've only conceded 4 from 6 games, 3 of which came curiosity of our friends Rotherham United. Thanks @BradtheMiller!

The only other team was Coventry City, so I think it will be harder. They a decent defence which are used to each other, I agree with Liam with the respect that we will need to break them down. Perhaps scoring will be harder?

We can tell this to Ronan Murray! Come on! :D

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i just think they will be a real test, one we need to make sure we do well in and scoring might not be as hard as it looks. you never know tho

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Quality strikers always cause us problems. Donaldson is one of the best in the division. There's a huge difference between Crewe or Colchester and Brentford. We are an average side at best. They are one of the best in the division. 

To be fair, Donaldson is a very good striker but looked average at Meadow Lane. It depends how we setup and deal with the task of silencing him, yes we're poor but we can be very good.

Personally I see two others being more of a threat, not including Alan Judge.

They have a talented side, yet we can't dismiss ourselves and they would be foolish to do the same. If we managed to win, it will be down to team work and perhaps some luck but we can draw to them. That's hardly unlikely :)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Heart says draw, head says defeat and a heavy one at that. Our form has been amazing, but a team like Brentford are just waiting to burst our bubble. Hope not, but like I say, not holding my breathe for 3 points.

Really hope someone can quote this on Saturday evening say look who got it wrong HD?

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Me and @weymuff will be there. Looking forward to  it. Not expecting us to come away with anything although I'm a lot more confident we can give them a good game after the last 3 games. COYP

• Content Count:  18,243
  • Days Won:  80

Don't forget to add your confessions folks, whilst your attendance predictions would be most welcoming too. Attendance Thread

Also - The Match Officials

@weymouthPIE - We would like to see yours and Weymuff's confessions ;)

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

3 games in a row without a goal for Brentford now. Maybe just maybe they're starting to feel the pressure

• Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

3 games in a row without a goal for Brentford now. Maybe just maybe they're starting to feel the pressure

Lets hope so, COYP!!!!!

Their Confidence could be onthe rocks this weekend, after last night's result.

I'm just thinking of the positives, cuz it's going to be hard this weekend

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

I dont see why fans would assume we cant win, it depends how well we play.

I have seen notts play well, poorly as well but I think we could beat them, no team is unbeatable. the outcome will depend on many things, I just hope to hear good news from dad.

I dont see why fans would assume we cant win, it depends how well we play.

I have seen notts play well, poorly as well but I think we could beat them, no team is unbeatable. the outcome will depend on many things, I just hope to hear good news from dad.

It's easy for you to say, you predict the right score each game!

'I think we will win, lose or draw Dad'... ;)

I will tell you if we win or draw, assume if I throwing a Fawlty Towers type tantrum, with crutches and branches... Assume the worst!

Notts can do anything they put their minds to, we have good form and a lot of things to protect. The result will go down to many things, which might be good for us but they haven't been playing greatly and if we attempt to stop them, I don't see why we can't. At ours, like I said there wasn't much between us!

• Content Count:  726
  • Days Won:  3

Lets hope so, COYP!!!!!

We also hope! COYP!

Their Confidence could be onthe rocks this weekend, after last night's result.

I'm just thinking of the positives, cuz it's going to be hard this weekend

It will be a difficult game for our fans to watch i suspect, perhaps even listen to.

• Content Count:  726
  • Days Won:  3

My views are more concern, we cannot leave with them banging in the goals for fun.

Donaldson, grigg and that other chap are all quality, the midfield packs a punch and we will need to defend well at all costs. I see us losing 3-0, it wont be the end of the world but a major blow.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

Well we need to make the most if this.

I would say its a bad spell, which will come to and end. Will it be against us? The defence will be key.

I can see us getting something.

• Content Count:  18,243
  • Days Won:  80

Great responses so far!

Joe Jones published our - Stat Attack

All the articles for your match day build up are now up, don't forget to help us spread the word. Enjoy! You Pies :)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck and I hope the other results go your way too. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627

I'd be pretty chuffed if we walked away with a point today I'm not expecting too much today, but you can't ignore our form in the last 3 games.

It's all second guesses, you can study the form of the clubs, players and match officials (do they tend to favour the home side/ card a lot of players, bottle under pressure). However a lot comes down to the day, I think think this will be one of them games. If we start brightly, why not? If we start slowly and they pile on the pressure the outcome might favour them.

Hopefully our defence stands tall, as with them pushing on and being alert we at least have a chance.

Whilst we could dominate via our attacks, thats if we hold onto the ball and use the talented players we have. Grealish could very well be the answer to any goals, with JCR and perhaps Tyson acting as providers.

We might turn out all to be wrong though.

Archived